0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Robert Trujillo is a terrible bassist compared the others

LoudLon [moderator]
Okay, I'll tab it for a 4-string then.
Quote:
Yeah, I was going to say if you're on a 4-string, tuning down to an A puts you in rattle country; you'd have to tune all four strings down three full steps, so they'd basically be hanging off your bass like a bunch of limp noodles. You can avoid that by using thicker gauge strings, but that means having to file the nut for each string to accommodate them.I can tab it for four string no problem, but at this point I'll leave it to you to decide if you still want it, given the adjustments you'd have to make.
Thats why I love 5 strings, you get the low and heavy note you are looking for without the rattle. It makes life so much easier.
RattFink
is this the kind of poor bass playing were talking about.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob3buKk6ALc&feature=share&list=AL94UKMTqg-9DoIhdYdMSnAl3ecOzDQADO"

Your kidding me, Trujillo is a trailblazer, he put funk in metal!
That he does.
RattFink
I can't get that link to work. Punk it up by Infectious Grooves
mayhem
Quote:
I can't stand him. His lines are so easy. While it takes me hours to perfect a Metallica song from the 80s or early 90s, his lines are child's play. I learn his after the 2nd or 3rd run through. If only Cliff didn't die.
Thought i'd check this site out and see what was going on. The first thread i check out is some verbal crap about Robert Trujillo's quality as a bass player in metallica. Total horse manure!
mayhem
Quote:
is this the kind of poor bass playing were talking about."b3buKk6ALc&featurehare&list=AL94UKMTqg-9DoIhdYdMSnAl3ecOzDQADO">http://www.youtube.com/watch?vb3buKk6ALc&featurehare&list=AL94UKMTqg-9DoIhdYdMSnAl3ecOzDQADO"Your kidding me, Trujillo is a trailblazer, he put funk in metal!
Now you sir know your bass players and know talent when you see it. More sense from you please!
linkinpark232
Quote:
Quote: I can't stand him. His lines are so easy. While it takes me hours to perfect a Metallica song from the 80s or early 90s, his lines are child's play. I learn his after the 2nd or 3rd run through. If only Cliff didn't die. Thought i'd check this site out and see what was going on. The first thread i check out is some verbal crap about Robert Trujillo's quality as a bass player in metallica. Total horse manure!

I'm sorry I have an opinion
mayhem
Yes you do but not a very good one. The only opinions that counts are Metallica's. They think Robert is good enough, end of story!
linkinpark232
Quote:
Yes you do but not a very good one. The only opinions that counts are Metallica's. They think Robert is good enough, end of story!

That's also your opinion. All opinions are equal. And above you made it seem like I don't know of any “quality” bassists. You are wrong on that one

Reply to this thread