0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Robert Trujillo is a terrible bassist compared the others

Thank you Danny for those truthful words. May Metallica continue rocking in this life and the next.
linkinpark232
You guys are horrible at respecting opinions. Shitallica is horrible in my opinion. Marilyn Manson is the best band to me. I hate overrated shit
LoudLon [moderator]
Well, let's be clear; claiming something to be over-rated is an opinion, too. Others might think Metallica deserves all the hype they get. And what would you expect to happen when you keep slinging around crap like “Shitallica”? You're disrespecting their fans just as much as you feel you're being disrespected by them.

Music is a very personal, very subjective thing, and people tend to love their favorite bands as if they were married to them. You may as well be calling someone's wife a bloated whore. How would you react to that? Imagine if every time your favorite band's name came up, someone called it Shit-ilyn Manson. Or if every time Twiggy Ramirez came up, someone called him a talentless cocksucker. Would you not get pretty bent out of shape, yourself?

Understand that I'm not trying to hate on you here. I'm just saying that respect is a two-way street. Gotta give it to get it.
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
awhhh shiz loudlon just about got all on your face sucka
Strathadam
As my gran'pappy used to say, “Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody got one, and most folk don't like having somebody else's shoved in their face.”
linkinpark232
Quote:
Well, let's be clear; claiming something to be over-rated is an opinion, too. Others might think Metallica deserves all the hype they get. And what would you expect to happen when you keep slinging around crap like “Shitallica”? You're disrespecting their fans just as much as you feel you're being disrespected by them. Music is a very personal, very subjective thing, and people tend to love their favorite bands as if they were married to them. You may as well be calling someone's wife a bloated whore. How would you react to that? Imagine if every time your favorite band's name came up, someone called it Shit-ilyn Manson. Or if every time Twiggy Ramirez came up, someone called him a talentless cocksucker. Would you not get pretty bent out of shape, yourself? Understand that I'm not trying to hate on you here. I'm just saying that respect is a two-way street. Gotta give it to get it.

Actually I think it's funny when people say shit about Marilyn Manson because they never have proper reasoning and Manson promotes free thinking and not caring what people think of you. And Shitlyn Manson doesn't work. Shitallica does. It has to rhyme
LoudLon [moderator]
Again, everything you're saying is subjective, from YOUR point of view. How can you say people never have proper reasoning? Are you in their heads? Are you a psychic? What am I thinking about right now? WRONG! I was thinking of how funny monkeys in diapers are. Point is, you're acting as if your opinion is fact, when by its very definition, an opinion is precisely NOT that.

At any rate, I think it's funny that what you say Marilyn Manson stands for – free thinking and not caring what people think of you – is exactly what Metallica has always stood for.

Incidentally, “Shit-ilyn Manson” was just an example. I have no intention of insulting your favorite band, because I'd also be insulting you. And since I don't know you from Adam, to insult you would be awfully pretentious of me, wouldn't it?
linkinpark232
Quote:
Again, everything you're saying is subjective, from YOUR point of view. How can you say people never have proper reasoning? Are you in their heads? Are you a psychic? What am I thinking about right now? WRONG! I was thinking of how funny monkeys in diapers are. Point is, you're acting as if your opinion is fact, when by its very definition, an opinion is precisely NOT that.At any rate, I think it's funny that what you say Marilyn Manson stands for – free thinking and not caring what people think of you – is exactly what Metallica has always stood for.Incidentally, “Shit-ilyn Manson” was just an example. I have no intention of insulting your favorite band, because I'd also be insulting you. And since I don't know you from Adam, to insult you would be awfully pretentious of me, wouldn't it?

If we're talking about Adam and Eve, I don't believe any of that. But you're telling me Metallica preaches? I don't think so. I like some of Metallica. My drummer loves them but we still have fun with the names: Master of Fuckets, St. Banger, Death Fagnetic, and a slew of others. I'm just not too fond of them because to me they are overrated. When someone says metal they immediately predict I listen to Metallica, I do but not as much as any other band
LoudLon [moderator]
C'mon, man, now you're just being intentionally difficult. “I don't know you from Adam” is a colloquialism. I'm not even close to trying to bring religion into any of this.

And I didn't say Metallica preaches. I said they have always stood for the same thing you say Marilyn Manson stands for, that being freedom to think what you want to think and not care about what others think about you. They just never felt the need to dress themselves up like sex-crazed S&M vampires to get their point across. They're selling their music, not themselves, and certainly not some fabricated image.

So if you're not a fan, fine, there's nothing wrong with that. And there's nothing wrong with expressing your dislike. But what's not fine is to be obnoxious and condescending about it. You think you're being funny or clever when you say stuff like “Shitallica” when really all you're doing is showing how crass you can be. Well, I got news for you, buck-o – as a 42-year-old former infantryman who's done more than his share of drinking, screwing and getting around, I assure you that I can be a HELL of a lot more crass than you can – I just chose not to.
linkinpark232
But technically if I like the band can't I have fun with it? And your fun fact for Friday is Manson is a huge fan of them. I think twiggy or Janes Addiction's (pretty sure he tried out) bassist shoulda been picked but whatever. Twiggy is a lot better at guitar anyways

Reply to this thread