0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Robert Trujillo is a terrible bassist compared the others

LoudLon [moderator]
In the Metallica doc Some Kind of Monster, yes, it shows Twiggy auditioning to be the new bassist. So did the guy from Jane's Addiction. And so did many others. But as the band themselves said, everybody they saw seemed to be struggling to keep up – except Trujillo, who blew them away when he finger-played Battery. I believe it was Kirk who said “it hasn't been played like that since Cliff.”

At any rate – DO you like the band? Because you've not really given the impression that you do. I believe you mentioned you like some of the stuff from the Cliff days, but didn't you also say they should all just die? That's not exactly something I would expect to hear from someone who claims to be a fan.
linkinpark232
I said Metallica should die off yes. I do like the Cliff days
Strathadam
Actually, if memory serves, at one point Les Claypool auditioned for them. Having him in the lineup would have been… interesting. To say the least.
LoudLon [moderator]
Linkin – I don't know what to say to that. If someone kills your mom, yes, by all means, wish them dead. But to want someone to die because you don't like the music they make? Wouldn't the easier and INFINITELY MORE LOGICAL, RATIONAL AND SANE solution be to simply not listen to them? Call me crazy, but that approach makes more sense to me.

Strath – yeah, Claypool auditioned for them many years ago, I believe not long after Burton died. I think it was Hetfield who said something like “You're really good, but you've kind of got your own thing going on…” LOL
linkinpark232
What the? I said I want Metallica dead. That means the music they're making now. Not the members. Geez I ain't a serial killer
LoudLon [moderator]
You're the one who said “Trust me, they shouldn't be kept alive.” How was I to know you meant the music, and not the band? And when you think about it, how can you have one without the other?

Clarity is key, Padawan.
linkinpark232
Well use your head here. This is a musical website. That's like saying I don't like Dimebag Darrel but he didn't deserve to be killed like that. I do like him though, just an example
LoudLon [moderator]
I have been using my head. On more than one occasion you've expressed extreme dislike of the band, so when you say something like they should die, it can't surprise you that someone could assume you mean it literally.

But now we're just arguing semantics, which is typically indicative of a disagreement having run its course and reached a point where it will no longer be productive. So I'm just going to graciously bow out now and leave this one to the peanut gallery.

Peace.
linkinpark232
Damn I was having funnnnn
Marko1960
I love you Lon, lol

Reply to this thread