0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Robert Trujillo is a terrible bassist compared the others

linkinpark232
Dave Mustaine had killer solos on Kill Em All. Thank god for Megadeth and I never said I don't like their old stuff. Up until Black they were good. The best is St. Anger. Lots of noise that I love. But what about Tom Araya? His vocals are a lot harsher than James's and he still sounds good. Just a fact.
linkinpark232
However I don't really care what anyone thinks of Marilyn Manson. Please give me a reason you don't like him. I ain't trying to be a smart ass but the only answers I ever get is because he's “screamo”, a fag, looks a girl???, is a girl, cut out his ribs (totally not true, fucked a guy onstage (it was to embarrass the guy who came onstage). No one ever looks at the musical side of things. And just saying but all of Metallica is greedy. Especially Lars
limmy
i also liked the load and reload era. I also really am a Jason Newsted fan.
linkinpark232
Quote:
i also liked the load and reload era. I also really am a Jason Newsted fan.

Was Newsted on Load and Reload? And when my mom heard Load she asked me who it was. A band should not change so drastically that you can't tell who it is
LoudLon [moderator]
I don't really care about if he's gay or not, if he dresses like a girl or not, if he's screamo or not – these things don't register with me. He could be sky-blue-pink hermaphrodite with a fetish for screwing fish guts and it wouldn't matter to me. That's his business. I prefer to judge the art, not the artist, and it so happens his particular brand of art (his music) doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

But I won't begrudge anyone their success. he obviously has his fans, his records sell, his concerts are always packed, so somebody's liking what he does. More power to him.

As for Metallica being greedy – look, I'm not one of those guys to jump to a favorite band's defense out of blind loyalty, but they've been in the business long enough to know that when it comes right down to it, that's exactly what it is – a business. All that shit that started over Napster – do you think Lars Ulrich wanted to be the most despised man in rock and roll? No. Some dude stole the band's property and gave it away. You'd have been pissed too if you'd created a piece of art only to have someone steal it, and you never get to see one red cent for all your hard work. So you make your music, and you protect it, or you let someone steal it and not be able to feed your family. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

linkinpark232
Makes sense. Sorry if I seemed like an asshole. And finally someone gives a good reason as to why they don't like him.
LoudLon [moderator]
I'm 42; if I didn't have good reasons, I'd have no reasons at all.
linkinpark232
Lon do you think you could figure out an Exodus song for me please? My band is wanting to cover it and I'm gonna have to learn it. It's Deathamphetemines
linkinpark232
Lon do you think you could figure out an Exodus song for me please? My band is wanting to cover it and I'm gonna have to learn it. It's Deathamphetemines
Marko1960
I dont like Marilyn Manson cos he's the ugliest thing ive ever seen, it looks like his face caught fire and someone put it out with a shovel

Reply to this thread