0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Robert Trujillo is a terrible bassist compared the others

LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
Lon do you think you could figure out an Exodus song for me please? My band is wanting to cover it and I'm gonna have to learn it. It's Deathamphetemines

Just checked it out. Sounds do-able. I hope you have a 5-string!
LP
I'm sure if Robert was terrible the band would fire him They must have liked his style of playing or he wouldn't have got the job
linkinpark232
Quote:
Quote: Lon do you think you could figure out an Exodus song for me please? My band is wanting to cover it and I'm gonna have to learn it. It's Deathamphetemines Just checked it out. Sounds do-able. I hope you have a 5-string!

I tune my 4 string down to A
But tuning a 4 string to tht low is just pointless and it sounds terrible.
Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: Quote: Lon do you think you could figure out an Exodus song for me please? My band is wanting to cover it and I'm gonna have to learn it. It's Deathamphetemines Just checked it out. Sounds do-able. I hope you have a 5-string! I tune my 4 string down to A
A? Wow that's really low, the strings must blow around in the wind!
LoudLon [moderator]
Yeah, I was going to say if you're on a 4-string, tuning down to an A puts you in rattle country; you'd have to tune all four strings down three full steps, so they'd basically be hanging off your bass like a bunch of limp noodles. You can avoid that by using thicker gauge strings, but that means having to file the nut for each string to accommodate them.

I can tab it for four string no problem, but at this point I'll leave it to you to decide if you still want it, given the adjustments you'd have to make.
LoudLon [moderator]
To give you an idea, here's the main intro riff tabbed for a 5-string:

Tabs:
F |-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
C |-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
G |-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
D |-000-0-0-----111-|-000-0-0-333-111-|-000-0-0-----111-|-000-0-0-0-0-0-0-|
A |---------333-----|-----------------|---------333-----|-----------------|
1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &
linkinpark232
No I use a set of 5s on my bass, I don't use the G that's why. It took a little work but it's fine now
Marko1960
Quote:
No I use a set of 5s on my bass, I don't use the G that's why. It took a little work but it's fine now
Do they fit in the nut ok?
linkinpark232
Quote:
Quote: No I use a set of 5s on my bass, I don't use the G that's why. It took a little work but it's fine now Do they fit in the nut ok?

Yeah

Reply to this thread