0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

I HATE MY FENDER JAZZ

First I would put new strings on it. ( a minimal investment that can make a huge difference, if you haven’t tried flatwound strings, give them a chance.) If you are looking to replace the pickups, Look at Lindy Fralin
Pickups, especially the split coil Jazz pickups. (If you want them a little hotter they can wind them to your desired tastes). Yes, they cost a bit more but you will have them for this bass and can switch them out if you get another jazz bass. I have played the 4th gen. Fender noiseless Jazz pickups, they are nice too. Tone is everything, regardless of the style of music you are playing. Best of luck.
johnny880
Quote:
First I would put new strings on it. ( a minimal investment that can make a huge difference, if you haven’t tried flatwound strings, give them a chance.) If you are looking to replace the pickups, Look at Lindy FralinPickups, especially the split coil Jazz pickups. (If you want them a little hotter they can wind them to your desired tastes). Yes, they cost a bit more but you will have them for this bass and can switch them out if you get another jazz bass. I have played the 4th gen. Fender noiseless Jazz pickups, they are nice too. Tone is everything, regardless of the style of music you are playing. Best of luck.
My internet has been down for 4 days now. Just got partial service back to my computer. Tvs are still down. I don't care to much about that. But damn its frustrating when everything is out. How did we survive before. Heaven help us if everything went out for good. We wouldn't know what to do. As for the string thing. I did change them. They were old. I put some rotosounds on that I was going to put on my Rickenbacker. I thought that might beef it up a bit. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I should try flats. I am not that experienced with strings. If they sound good I don't mess with them. Besides you can clean dull ones and almost bring them back to new. But the ones that were on the bass, not so much. Maybe I will try that before I give it away, give it away, give it away NOW !
mr zee
Which of your bass' do you prefer to use, as in the handling not the sound. Do you prefer the feel of the Jazz to the Rickenbacker.
Marko1960
My money is on the Jazz, Rickys are super heavy back breakers, I remember picking one up in a guitar shop and feeling one of my discs slip
Marko1960
….and then there's the pick up cover, which is removable but most people don't, leaving a very limited playing area
Marko1960
…and don't get me started on the lack of body contours
Marko1960
…and the double truss rod adds to the weight of the neck causing excessive ‘Neck Dive’ adding to the stress of keeping all that weight under control
Marko1960
…if it wasn't for the trademark sound it wouldn't have a lot going for it
Marko1960
And
mr zee
And?

Reply to this thread