0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

I HATE MY FENDER JAZZ

johnny880
Quote:
We all know it's gonna sound like a Les Paul Junior…Epiphone Les Paul Junior that is so don't waste your time and money
Ok will do. I still want to record the things I have written. Just not with that bass. Thunderbassjay gave me some ideas on how to proceed. I am going to have to waste my money anyhow in whatever form this takes.
Marko1960
I'm watching a Boss BR900 CD on eBay, there's a few on there ranging from £120-£240, this on has no reserve and is at £27, three days left though. It's a digital recording studio with built in drums. Working, with power adapter
mr zee
We used to record our practice sessions on a ghetto blaster. Had to put it on a pile of jumpers/coats so the bass didn't distort it too much.
IamMark
I've been eyeing a jazz bass for a while now. I like the clean tone of the jazz bass.

I've heard good things about Fender's 4th gen noiseless PUs.
2nick3
My main bass is an ‘09 US Jazz. The only problem with the sound I ever have is going directly into a DI it has no signal strength at all - and that’s not surprising without a pre-amp. So I use a pre-amp/DI pedal and the room THUMPS until they turn the gain down on our sound board!

The distance between the pickups and the strings can make a big difference - if the strings are too far away you get a very muddy/indistinct sound. Like an echo - just no real drive behind the sound. If the action is really high or the pickup height down low you can get into this. Just something you might want to check.
Swifty
I was thinking of buying the new Fender Player Jazz bass(new pick ups) and after recently viewing “Rumblin Man's” recent Youtube review (this edged it over a P bass);I'm not sure now after reading this.
mr zee

my samick jazz copy, looks better than it sounds
2nick3
Quote:
I was thinking of buying the new Fender Player Jazz bass(new pick ups) and after recently viewing “Rumblin Man's” recent Youtube review (this edged it over a P bass);I'm not sure now after reading this.

The different models have different electronics - an older MIM will sound different than the new Player series. A new MIM will also sound different than a new Player. Which will both be different than a US build.

There are plenty of players who swear by their Fender Jazz basses. Geddy Lee went to one from his Ric, Jaco defretted his to stay with it, Adam Clayton (U2) has/had a signature model. It's not a flawed design, just not an implementation that works for everyone. The same can be said about any model out there.

If a bass gives you the sound you want then it's the right bass, no matter what anyone else's opinions or experiences are.
Marko1960

Right, there's one each of these on eBay, these aren't the actual ones but are identical, I can't post pics of the actual ones only pics from Google images. They are Ibanez Musician Basses, both 1970s, the single pickup one is £475 and the other is £900, I'd have either of these over a Jazz bass all day long, hell of a lot of bass for the money
Marko1960

Hahaha ive managed to post a pic from my files, it's my Great Aunt Margaret who was born in the 19th century in a South Durham pit village, the scar was probably from being glassed in the pub, rough places them pit villages

… She didn't play bass by the way

Reply to this thread