0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

I HATE MY FENDER JAZZ

So no to the Rickenbacker then
LP
Whatever gave you that idea??????????
Lovely looking bass but not so lovely to play which is a real shame.
Marko1960
You can usually name the people who play them off the top of your head, Geddy Lee, Chris Squire, Lemmy, Mr Zee, but you try naming everyone who plays a Jazz even though the Ric has been around for a lot longer

I rest my case
Marko1960
Apparently Mexicans are furious at Trump's wall

…they'll get over it
Quote:
Apparently Mexicans are furious at Trump's wall…they'll get over it

and they probably will
mr zee
Frank Highfield couldn't according to the song
johnny880
Quote:
Which of your bass' do you prefer to use, as in the handling not the sound. Do you prefer the feel of the Jazz to the Rickenbacker.
Just got my cable back in full order finally. The basses I like the most for being the most comfortable are my fender precision, mustang and the ric sits nicely in my lap. The jazz is comfortable as well. I just hate the sound. I really dig the fender short scale mustang. It is light. With pj pickups and a 3 way switch. Great sound. Super nice lows. Its fast and the strings are nice and flexible. Going back and forth from say the mustang to the Ric takes some getting used to however. I like having more than one bass. Some things I have written sound good on one bass and not so much on another. I like to have the options and I think they all have there good and bad points. I haven't found the absolute perfect bass yet nor the money to do it.
johnny880
Quote:
My money is on the Jazz, Rickys are super heavy back breakers, I remember picking one up in a guitar shop and feeling one of my discs slip
That is the only thing I don't like about the Ric is the weight. Also the neck is the widest of my guitars and that takes some getting used to as well.
johnny880
Quote:
….and then there's the pick up cover, which is removable but most people don't, leaving a very limited playing area
I didn't remove my pickup cover on my Ric. Some do. I like the classic look. I don't play with a pic. So I put on a zero mod thumb rest. It works great for that bass if you play with your fingers. I highly recommend it. I also put a zero mod thumb rest on my precision. Really good product but a bit pricey after the exchange rate shipping etc, to get it to Canada.
johnny880
Quote:
…and the double truss rod adds to the weight of the neck causing excessive ‘Neck Dive’ adding to the stress of keeping all that weight under control
My Ric is perfectly balanced doesn't dive at all. But I will tell you a bass that I bought and returned in about 5 days that did that in a really bad way, was a epiphone thunderbird. I hated that bass too. All in all you are correct the bass is heavy. But since I don't play in a band and have to stand on stage strutting my stuff for hours, the weight doesn't bother me in that way. Wish it was a little lighter. But it is what it is. It is the best sounding bass I have and would never consider giving that one up.

Reply to this thread