0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

I HATE MY FENDER JAZZ

johnny880
I got cut off. I was saying. the 57577979 is played fast. The 79 and 57 are plucked together slow as a chord so you cant use a pick. I wasn't sure if that is how you tab out two strings played together. Maybe you guys can let me know . I like the idea of this riff if one of you guys can take it forward for me. That would be cool. As always ignore this post if you find it ridiculous but if someone can help me out great.
johnny880
Also I have a song I wrote that uses a lot of harmonics. How do I represent that in tab ? I looked it up. I cant find anything. Like I said I play, I write, I learn other peoples songs but I have never really tabbed anything.
Marko1960
Quote:
I got cut off. I was saying. the 57577979 is played fast. The 79 and 57 are plucked together slow as a chord so you cant use a pick. I wasn't sure if that is how you tab out two strings played together. Maybe you guys can let me know . I like the idea of this riff if one of you guys can take it forward for me. That would be cool. As always ignore this post if you find it ridiculous but if someone can help me out great.
I'll have a look when I get 5 mins. By the way, two notes played together is a double stop and not a chord
johnny880
Awesome thanks Marko. That's the kind of thing I need to know. Old hat for you guys I am sure. I have never taken lessons and fly by the seat of my pants. My whole life actually. The bass is the same with me. That riff is one that I wrote that has been a thorn in my side for awhile. Its fast and slow and moody and I don't know where to take it. Its the easiest. I have another one I really want to tab out for you guys but I cant figure out how to do that either. Its fast and it changes time a lot. So I don't exactly know the time signatures I am playing or how to tab them. Im just playing what went into my head if that makes sense. And I have worked on it until I just about have that one where I want it. But thats why I want to record some things. Tabbing is difficult for me when I cant put on paper whats in my head or what I am playing. P.s please keep on correcting me on anything I say that is wrong. I need to know the right terms for these things. Thanks.
johnny880
I think I can post another tune of mine on the new tabs page but I need to know what the symbol for a harmonic is ? I looked it up but couldn't find it. Everything else but that one.
Marko1960
Quote:
I think I can post another tune of mine on the new tabs page but I need to know what the symbol for a harmonic is ? I looked it up but couldn't find it. Everything else but that one.
Just add an asterisk to the note
Tabs:
G|--------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------|
E|-----12*---------------------------------|
E natural harmonic
johnny880
Never mind I think I found it “*”. Is that correct. Had to search for that one.
johnny880
Oh ok. LMAO that works too.
Marko1960
I had a run through but tabs don't give enough info, note duration etc. So what's in your head is probably different to my interpretation, and a song usually starts with a melody so I think we are gonna struggle to come up with a number one hit. You don't need to be a guitarist or pianist to come up with a melody though, you can whistle or hum it. Keep at it
johnny880
Quote:
I had a run through but tabs don't give enough info, note duration etc. So what's in your head is probably different to my interpretation, and a song usually starts with a melody so I think we are gonna struggle to come up with a number one hit. You don't need to be a guitarist or pianist to come up with a melody though, you can whistle or hum it. Keep at it
Ok that's funny. Number one hit I don't think so. That's not what I was looking for anyhow. It is a old tab that I like the moodiness to but cant seem to find a solution to. So I play it over and over and it pisses me off. I think it can be rearranged to do what I think it has the potential of doing. I just cant find it yet. Also you are right. And this bothers me a lot to. Some things I write do not translate well in tab. How you bend the strings, how you pluck. For instance some songs I have written I change how hard and how light I pluck the strings to get the sound I want. I cant figure out how to translate some of the subtleties like that into tab. Goes back to why I want to record some tunes I have. It would be far easier for me and give good people like you and Mr Zee a chance to listen to it and then go ok I see where you are going. Many thanks for looking at it though Marko. I will continue to pluck away. But when I do get set up to record some things I would really like to post it here or some sort of media. And I will talk to guys then about how to cross that bridge.

Reply to this thread