0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

I HATE MY FENDER JAZZ

MotorMog
Quote:
I may be changing my mind on buying a jazz bass.I might be falling in love with the 2018 Music Man Stingray Special. I'm not a fan of active electronics, but the tones on this thing are pretty amazing. And I like the wider neck on the Stingray more than the Jazz bass.Does anyone know if the new Stingray can play as a passive bass without the batteries in the control box?

Unlike G&L basses I can't see anything in the specs to switch the 18volt preamp to passive on that model .if I where after a passive single humbucker I'd check out the G&L Kiliton they look nice
IamMark
My G&L L-1000 is a single passive humbucker.
Marko1960
Without a battery it's automatically passive, it's only active with the pre-amp powered up. I'm a StingRay man by the way, I'd go for the Classic 4, they sound like the original Leo Fender ones
Marko1960
Quote:
Tabs: G|--------------------------------------|D|--------------7 9--9--7----- --7-5--- 9 7---|A|----5 7--7 9-------7--5--0 5 7-----7 7 5E|5 7 --------------------------------------[tabs][/tabs] Ok I thought it would be fun to mess with Markos lyrics and make a story out of it. I don't think that's gonna work. Here is one of my riffs I was going to send to Mr Zee that I could use some help on. I am not any good at tabing things out so I hope you get the jist of what I am playing and can add on to it. That would be great. Its not difficult I would just like to add on to the tune. The 57577979 I play fast and the chords and notes after slow to give you an idea. There is more but it repeats basically the same thing. That's where I need your help to move forward on this tune.
They're not my lyrics, I wish they were, it's the Rush song, Madrigal, from A Farewell to Kings, check it out
Marko1960
I thought we were starting a bit of a poets corner, I was gonna post Dear Little Flo from Derek and Clive Live but thought better of it. Some Bloke Came Up To Me The Other Day from the same album is also worth a listen
IamMark
Quote:
Without a battery it's automatically passive, it's only active with the pre-amp powered up. I'm a StingRay man by the way, I'd go for the Classic 4, they sound like the original Leo Fender ones
The Special has the roasted mapple neck though. It looks and feels awesome.
Marko1960
Wow it does look nice, over two grand though but, and is that a three band preamp cos they're not as good as the two band models
IamMark
More is always better except In death, disease, and taxes.
Marko1960
Quote:
More is always better except In death, disease, and taxes.

…and preamps
johnny880
Tabs:
G|--------------------------------------|
D|-------79--9--5-------7-5---9--5-------------|
A|---5779----7--7--05 7----7--7--7-------------|
E|57--------------------------------------|
Tabs:
D|---------9--5-------7 5---9-7-------------|
A|----5 7--7- 7--05-7----7--7-5------------------|
E|5 7--------------------------------------|
Tabs:
D|--79--9--7-------7 5---9--7-------------------|
A|79----7--5--05 7----7--7--5----------------------|
E|--------------------------------------|
Tabs:
D|-------79-------------------------------|
A|--5779-----------------------------------|
E|57----and so on. One of you guys ought to be able to help with this tab. Mr Zee? At the beginning the 57577979 is played together fast. The 79 and 57 are plucked together as a chord slow, so you cant use a pick. I really dont know if that's how you tab two strings played together at the same time. Maybe you guys can let me know if that's correct. I like the idea of this riff I just don't know where to take it. As always. Ignore this post if you think its ridiculous. But if anyone can take this riff and move it forward for me that would be cool.

Reply to this thread