0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

I HATE MY FENDER JAZZ

johnny880
I would like to mention one other thing. I think since I have never taken lessons. The way I play and the things that come into my head that I later figure out or try to on the bass are probably a little unorthodox. I don't mind that. If it sounds good and there is a mood to it. I go for it. 80% of the stuff I play on bass are riffs I have made up and a few songs here and there of others. Maybe it was the way I taught myself how to play. My first year I concentrated on scales learning how to alternate my fingers so I could pluck properly and build up speed and accuracy and then things just started coming to me. Sounds and ideas. I have more fun doing that than learning other peoples songs. I do play a tune here and there. But a lot of times I just take bits and pieces of other peoples songs to learn how they are playing and what they are doing on the bass. I then translate some of there ideas and different techniques into my own thing. Twisting things around and playing with it. I like that a lot.
johnny880
Along those lines. I was going to start a thread awhile back . I will do that now. Eureka moment. I have reached a eureka moment. When all of a sudden things are getting a little clearer. I am starting to understand this thing a little bit different than when I started. Things are flowing and moving with far less thinking of where I need to go next on the neck. Slides and hammer ons etc. I just make them up as I go. Do I screw up. Yup all the time. And then I go over my mistake and analyse what I did wrong and how to change it. I don't know what the term for that is. I just call it free playing or impromptu b.s. I am sure there is a term for it I don't know about. But everytime I play without any concept it gets better and better. That blows me away. I never in my wildest dreams thought when I picked up the bass for the first time that I would ever be able to do these things. My question is to all of you when was your eureka moment when you realized hey I think I am going to be able to play this thing ? That's if you guys can remember that far back. HAHA. Cause I have a hard time remembering last week.
Marko1960
I'm off to work now but later we'll go through breaking your riff down so we are both on the same page. Later dude
johnny880
Thanks Marko. Its ok. Like I said it wasn't a song it was a tune that came into my head that I played along time ago but didn't know where to take it. I do that a lot and it is my favorite thing to do. I have many more. Some much better. But they all seem to have a moody tone to them. I guess I like that feel. I was telling Mr Zee I wrote a tune tonite just pissing around. I don't think that one can go anywhere but I think it would be a really great exercise for beginners to practice alternate finger plucking and slides. I think I will post that one. Mr Zee came up with some good ideas for that riff I wrote that has been a thorn in my side. I haven't played them yet. I haven't been on the computer for a bit, but they look good. Going to give it a go. Many thanks Marko again I appreciate your words and correcting me where I am wrong. That's how to learn. Listen to what others have to say, read, practice practice practice and never be afraid to experiment. That's just my thoughts.
IamMark
Ordered my new Music Man Stingray today. Tough to part with a chunk of cash like that, but I'm looking forward to having it.

On backorder. Won't be delivered until I get back fron an overseas trip.
Quote:
Ordered my new Music Man Stingray today. Tough to part with a chunk of cash like that, but I'm looking forward to having it.On backorder. Won't be delivered until I get back fron an overseas trip.

Worth the wait and the cost once you get to play it
Marko1960
I'm jealous man
Quote:
I'm jealous man

Me too
Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: Ordered my new Music Man Stingray today. Tough to part with a chunk of cash like that, but I'm looking forward to having it.On backorder. Won't be delivered until I get back fron an overseas trip. Worth the wait and the cost once you get to play it

Where you going, down into the U S? Eh?
Quote:
Ordered my new Music Man Stingray today. Tough to part with a chunk of cash like that, but I'm looking forward to having it.On backorder. Won't be delivered until I get back fron an overseas trip.

Going somewhere nice?

Reply to this thread