0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rescued another one...

2nick3
I have a defretted Peavey Foundation and getting the action adjusted to a good height on it was not easy. When I got it the action would have been really high with the frets there, so without them it was painfully high. Between adjusting the saddles, the neck mount angle and some relief adjustment with the truss rod I have it pretty good, but will probably get it to a professional for a setup if I want to play it out anywhere. The only thing I didn't do was play with the string notches in the bridge, which probably would have made the process a bit easier.

Just something to think about while picking your candidate.
Marko1960
What about the nut? The slots will need filing down now that 2mm of fret height has gone
mr zee
See where you're coming from gents, maybe not such a good idea to start messing. Will put on hold for now and have a good think about it
Marko1960
Filing the nut isn't as easy as it sounds, the slots need a backward slope and the string needs to sit on the slot and not in it, add to that the cost of a set of nut files, which is quite scary, a trip to your local guitar tech starts to make sense
mr zee
Well I've put the finishing touch's to two of my baas's
2nick3
Quote:
What about the nut? The slots will need filing down now that 2mm of fret height has gone

I have the neck pretty flat, and almost completely parallel to the strings to compensate for that. The action is lower down by the 15th/17th/19th fret than at the 9th, to the point the string will buzz a bit against the fretboard. When I started, with the old strings on it, they strings were over 7mm above the fretboard at the 12th fret(line) - no idea how it could be played like that!

Hence my thought I would want someone who really knows what they are doing to take a look at it when I get good enough with it to play with others around (which I know is a circular discussion, as the poor action will impede my skill progression….

Once I get the other Foundation refinished I'll make an appointment for them both.
MotorMog
Quote:
Well I've put the finishing touch's to two of my baas's

Looks like those water slides went on nicely,looks good

Findus pickguard next I reckon
mr zee
Na that's it for these two, a bit of a wash and brush up to get any greasy marks off. Still waiting for parts for three others though, might be able to get some tabbing done.
MotorMog
Quote:
10 year old Pots a bit scratchy so have decided to upgrade with a custom wiring loom , 250k linear controls and orange drop capacitor should give it a bit more balls in the tone department

Soldered in the new wiring loom and controls today along with a new Fender chrome control plate and fender correct era/style knobs,pretty straight forward stuff.

Not a massive difference but a tad more tone variation in the higher frequencies and pups sounding brighter which is good for a more punky sound.

Will stick the old loaded Fender Mex control plate on eBay for some beer money

mr zee
Soldered in the new wiring loom and controls today along with a new Fender chrome control plate and fender correct era/style knobs,pretty straight forward stuff.

Nice one, you should hear the difference better maybe at rehersal. I've got a lot of spare bass parts, I might sell mine on ebay too but sods law what ever I get rid of I will want in a few months time so maybe not

Reply to this thread