0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rescued another one...

mr zee
I've got a Rick copy which at the time were built in the US with Korean parts. You could have any colour, materials and they would put a name on the truss rod cover for you. Cost was $600 which at the time equated to about £375. I got mine engraved as in the picture

MotorMog
So the tuning peg bushing on the E string decided to work it's way loose ,I'm sure there's a more professional repair but I just glued it back in .
MotorMog
Quote:
I've got a Rick copy which at the time were built in the US with Korean parts. You could have any colour, materials and they would put a name on the truss rod cover for you. Cost was $600 which at the time equated to about £375. I got mine engraved as in the picture

Reckon mine would be called Rythmlacker
mr zee
Think it's the only kind of repair, had to proper welly them in on my new sam jazz neck with a block of wood an a tapping stick
MotorMog
Quote:
Think it's the only kind of repair

Guessing woods shrunk a tad with age ,could of ponced about with making some fancy shim I suppose but the end result would of been the same anyways
Marko1960
Jeez Louise, beware of splitting the headstock in two along the grain!!!
mr zee
could of ponced about with making some fancy shim

That would be a pain in the preverbial. drilling out hole, gluing in shim, drilling shim, pressing in bush and then recoating neck. Glue was a good idea

mr zee

This is where I'm up to so far, gotta strip it back down and start the buffing n polishing
MotorMog
Quote:
This is where I'm up to so far, gotta strip it back down and start the buffing n polishing

Think i would remove that white tug bar or change to black/chrome to match hardware

Liking what you've done so far though
Marko1960
It looks really well, nice colour too and the Stingray pups finish the job

Reply to this thread