0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rescued another one...

2nick3
Quote:
Well I stripped it looked at it and binned it cos it was crap.

There are no ugly basses, just ones that will take too much time away from playing to fix up.

(Why do I think I just challenged the group to post pictures of ugly basses??)
Marko1960
Why a Flying V bass in the first place?
mr zee
Bought original one for the neck as I needed it for the grabber copy that I have. The original neck on the grabber copy was made in three pieces and was splitting down the back, don't really know why I bought the second one
MotorMog
Once I get our beer festival gig out the way in a couple of weeks I be doing some upgrades to my Mex Jazz

Will be replacing the stock bridge and pups with a Fender hi-mass bridge and Dimarzio dp123 humbucking pickups to give it some bollox

I'm more than capable of doing this myself but the shop I bought the bass from says if I bring in the new parts ( plus a set of new strings )they will do the upgrades plus a full set up for £65 which sounds reasonable to me

My patience wears very thin setting the intonation and string height and this won't be as easy with the new bridge I suspect plus get the height sorted on the pups
Marko1960
When I lived in Devon I took an Ibanez Jem 7WVH to the famous Mansons in Exeter, (they've built guitars for Dave Grohl ffs), they did a fret dress and a full set up, they supplied the strings and it came to 90 quid
mr zee
Soldering my big let down, oh and spray painting, everything else I'm ok. Might take forever but it gets done, usually. Some times have to leave it if I've supped ta much. Beej a local luthier does all the soldering.
MotorMog
Quote:
Soldering my big let down.

Being an electrical engineer soldering and the electronics I'm cool with , I've already replaced the wiring harness,caps and controls with no probs on this bass

If it was just the bridge or just the pups individually I'd be ok, but both together I would find the set up a tad challenging so gonna leave it to the guys that know best and do it for a living

I just don't have your patience for all the other stuff Zee

MotorMog
Quote:
When I lived in Devon

Plymouth Argyle to Newcastle must be one of the longest drives for an away fixture in the football league , 600-700 miles ish

Back in the early 90s had a mate go to uni in Newcastle who met a girl and bought a place in Gateshead, we got an invite up for a weekend on the razzle in the toon

This is still pre internet , mobile phones and sat nav so were relying on the good old AA map of Britain (drawing not to scale !!!)

After about 5 hours of driving we get to Nottingham service station and call from a payphone saying we wont be long now only to be told we were only half way FFS

I overdid it on the last night so the wife ( soon to be ) drove the 10 hours back whilst I kipped in the back of the van

Marko1960
10 hours! What van was it, Del Boys?!! 400 miles at 80 mph= 5 hours, she must have been doing 40 mph on the M1. I used to work in Canterbury, approx 320 miles, used to do it door to door without a stop in about 4 hours
Marko1960
Gatesheed must have been a bit of a culture shock, it's twinned with Hiroshima

Reply to this thread