0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rescued another one...

Marko1960

I'm trying to get my Stingray as close to a 76 as I can, the next step is a Retrovibe Stinger, it's a pre amp for MM pick up basses which replicates exactly Leo Fenders original pre amp for the Stingray, (they say). The de waxed and sunbursted ash body will be fitted to it as its non contoured and through body strung like the original
Marko1960

Another of my more recent mods, my 1990 Squier Japan pre-logo Silver series Strat, I swapped the original Gotoh tuners for a set of aged nickel Klusons, the A string kept going out of tune with the Gotohs and the 15 to 1 ratio on the Klusons gives real fine tuning, also they really look the part
mr zee

Sterling SUB 5 Strings Bass Original Pream https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/9zIAAOSwaEhZDPKp/s-l225.jpg

this is on ebay at mo
mr zee
Well the v type thing has got more lacquer on than an 80's pop star, gonna give it a month r so to cure then it can have a buff and polish. From a distance don't look bad but in all honesty it looks dire, ah well never mind il'll have to do
MotorMog
Well my soldering held up at fridays rehearsals

Thats one tiny capacitor!

MotorMog
Thats it for new gear and mods for a while me thinks
Marko1960
I had a Mexican Fender Jazz identical to that except it had a tortoiseshell pick guard, I'd traded a Squier Precision for it but I just couldn't get it to growl or boom like the Precision would
mr zee
New neck arrived for sam jazz so added the old chrome hardware off my p bass copy, put some strings on that went flat to the neck so had to fiddle with truss rod and bridge and then named it
Marko1960
Quote:
New neck arrived for sam jazz so added the old chrome hardware off my p bass copy, put some strings on that went flat to the neck so had to fiddle with truss rod and bridge and then named it
Looks well
Marko1960
Looking at your dodgy headstock logo reminds me of my little brother who got into bass after me, but took it much further, played for the Lighthouse Family before they were big, anyway, when he was about 14 he had a Hondo Rickenbacker 4001 copy and he very skilfully filled in the truss rod cover with the word ‘Slickenfucker’

Reply to this thread