0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Most influential metal album of the 80s?

IamMark
I wouldn't say that. What Metallica did, that no other band at the time was able to do, was bridge metal with mainstream.

The true die-hard Metallica fans lived, ate, and shit Metallica. Then And Justice for All came out, and One was released. Then Metallica fans rejoiced, because Metallica was getting national attention. Finally!

Then Metallica puts out the Black album. And all those kids wearing nothing but black jeans and Metallica shirts started seeing their mother's friends wearing Metallica shirts and going to their concerts, because they just love that Enter Sandman song.

And then Metallica became world-wide known. And then it went down hill from there. HAHAH
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
That was supposed to say Shitallica…

That was lame the first time you said it. This was what, the sixth or seventh? We're all aware of your disdain for the band, young ‘un. But like it or not, they’ve earned their place at the top of heap.
johnny [staff]
Quote:
According to Metal Rules website the top 3 are, Master of Puppets, Number of the Beast and Ride the Lightening. Metallica number one and number three, and remember kids, you can't say Metallica without saying Metal

I very much agree with this. These albums have influenced me the most as well (as far as metal goes).
linkinpark232
Lon, old'un, I've already told you. If you like the band you can make fun of them. Like last week I said some of their albums were quality. So I win
Anyone with Linkin park as their user name have no right to discuss metal. There has to be a shittiest band thread somewhere.
linkinpark232
Shut the @$!# up
linkinpark232
It's actually “linkinpark232”
Cheekychuck
Quote:
It's actually “linkinpark232”

I wanna know what happened to the first 231 linkin parks.

And Metallica vs. Slayer is not even close. Slayer has been around for a long time, so i give them some credit, but they don't hold a candle to Metallica. Metal bridging into mainstream was Metallica.

Wait for it……….

Just wind'm up and let'm go.
linkinpark232
I dunno
linkinpark232
But still, Metallica did not create thrash. Hell, Judas Priest was thrash on some of their stuff

Reply to this thread