0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Most influential metal album of the 80s?

blackie333
Y'all are forgetting Judas Priest: Sad wings of Destiny, British Steel, ect…who not only pioneered the 2 guitar attack, but also set the style (studs and leather)for the 80's and beyond.
id say storm troopers of death (anthrax). I dont consider motley to be metal. helloween, motorhead and metallica are close runners up tho. Anthrax and SOD had lots of fans. catchy riffs for bass and guitar. some speed. some melody. and good vocals. anthrax set the bar for playing speed metal with talent beyond just the guitar
linkinpark232
I would not call Anthrax speed metal
then you need to listen to more of their albums
Thrash may be more fitting

linkinpark232
I own all their CDs so I have listened to them. I was thinking thrash. They definitely aren't speed metal.
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
You make a point though Lon. And Theatre Of Pain was horrible. Smokin In The Boys Room and Use It Or Lose It was great though

I never said it influenced other bands in a GOOD way LOL. “Home Sweet Home” was the kicker on that album. Spent something like a full year in heavy rotation on MTV. After that single hit, every hair metal band followed Motley's cue. Whenever a new album came out, the first release was always a rocker to show they could wail, and the second, without fail, was a power ballad, to show they had a sensitive side. And that's the routine hair metal followed all the way up to late '91, when Nirvana hit big and for all intents and purposes eradicated hair metal over night.
linkinpark232
Oh I get it Lon. Hahaha! I've never been a fan of Home Sweet Home, I just don't like it for some reason. But the other song from the album I forgot, my favorite, which is Louder Than Hell. I love the vocals on the song
linkinpark232
I can say that Manson influenced Motionless In White. I used to respect MIW until they literally stole Manson's voice. On the song Hatefuck I thought it was Manson, nope. I can't stand people who can't make their own music. Another example is A7X. Freaking on Welcome To The Family (I think) the same drum intro to Skin O' My Teeth by Megadeth is redone on A7X's song. And then they're copying Metallica now

Reply to this thread