0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Most influential metal album of the 80s?

linkinpark232
I'm sorry I have my own classifications. And you can understand Overkill, Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus, etc. quite fine
Cheekychuck
Quote:
I'm sorry I have my own classifications. And you can understand Overkill, Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus, etc. quite fine

Whatever blows your hair back. I listened to some of those bands before you were a twinkle in your Daddy's eye.
Guess I'm just too old to listen to it anymore. It hurts my ears. lol
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
Lon, old'un, I've already told you. If you like the band you can make fun of them. Like last week I said some of their albums were quality. So I win

You win? I didn't know it was a contest. But while I could go into intrinsic detail on exactly why you most definitely would not win in this particular discussion, I'm too old and savvy to bother arguing with a hard-headed teenager who thinks he's always right. Mostly because I used to be one myself. Fortunately, I eventually realized there were people out there a lot smarter and vastly more knowledgeable than I was, and began to listen to them and learn. I hope you have that realization yourself some day – preferably sooner rather than later.
linkinpark232
I hope so too, Lon. Not
linkinpark232
Quote:
Quote: I'm sorry I have my own classifications. And you can understand Overkill, Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus, etc. quite fine Whatever blows your hair back. I listened to some of those bands before you were a twinkle in your Daddy's eye.Guess I'm just too old to listen to it anymore. It hurts my ears. lol

You're never too old
linkinpark232
I'm only kidding Lon. But I'm not that hard headed. Come hit my skull with a sledge hammer
Cheekychuck
Quote:
Quote: Quote: I'm sorry I have my own classifications. And you can understand Overkill, Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus, etc. quite fine Whatever blows your hair back. I listened to some of those bands before you were a twinkle in your Daddy's eye.Guess I'm just too old to listen to it anymore. It hurts my ears. lol You're never too old

Sounds like me when i was that age. See if you're singing the same tune in 30 years. Doubt it. Enjoy it now Link! Eventually you will learn to listen to the big head, not the little one.
linkinpark232
Well if I stay in speed metal bands I don't think that's changing in the next 30 years.

and yes gwar was around in the 80s. as far back as 85 and 86
Iron Maiden's early stuff, especially The Number of The Beast.

Reply to this thread