0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

People my age so ignorant with music

LoudLon [moderator]
^^^ Same here. I think most popular artists today are more about celebrity than music. The music scene right now is a vast, empty field of male egos and vapid girls who think all they have to do to sell albums is twerk – and it's the audiences fault for eating that lame shit up and perpetuating it.

I'm perfectly content with my 80s pop and 90s indie/alt-rock. Couldn't care less about Beyonce, loathe and despise Miley Cyrus and Kanye West can slurp my scrote.
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
I agree i wish things would go back to the era where kurt cobain was still with us, when oasis began, or even when red hot chili peppers just played under the bridge and give it away like a boss, because in my opinion the 90s were the best years of music before it went down the minaj perry of kanye west's beiber direction craphole –_______–
linkinpark232
One thing I am totally against is this statement: “I wish it was like the..” The they list a decade. Okay give it up. We're in 2014. I'm glad we're not back to the “old, best” days because that's not true. Anyone who says that is simple minded and ignorant. You must not be very immersed in the musical world.
LoudLon [moderator]
It's not simple minded and ignorant to cite a preference, Link'.

The arrogance of youth, indeed…
TheDude [staff]
Quote:
One thing I am totally against is this statement: “I wish it was like the..” The they list a decade. Okay give it up. We're in 2014. I'm glad we're not back to the “old, best” days because that's not true. Anyone who says that is simple minded and ignorant. You must not be very immersed in the musical world.
danny's post actually made sense, to me. you can't argue that the most popular music today is by far inferior to the most popular music in the 90s. that doesn't mean there aren't any good artists out there now, it's just that what the general public craves for is really crappy pop.

back in the day the people in the limelight were for the most part really good. today, they are bieber and miley. that is horrible.
MannyIII
It's called getting older. Every age group says music isn't what was when they were younger. 20 years from now people will talk about How great music was in the 2010s. I remember when iwas a young man in the eighties and people were knocking how it wasn't like the 60's and early 70's. Same shit
linkinpark232
Okay this is the problem. You guys just attack pop. Okay get over it, as all of you told me how can a singer suck if people like it? On spotify Miley Cyrus has easily outplayed her top hits of any band I know. Last time I checked her last single had over 80,000,000 listens back in like October. Metallica's top only has like 3,000,000. So I don't know how it's horrible. Ain't trying to protect new pop however you guys are hypocrites for saying it. Have you ever thought of any genres like metalcore, indie rock, noise rock, country, or even funk? Probably not. I like all the new artists from those genres, do you guys? Focus on another genre
linkinpark232
Manny I know what you mean but I only listen to 90s stuff 95% of the time. I could care less about what year it is. Marilyn Manson is from 1990 but I don't wish it was 1990. I like him now, just focus on what's going on with what you like right now
MannyIII
@linkin, I hear ya man. I personally think what Pharrell and robin Thicke are doing recently is brilliant. Bands like muse, black keys, queen of the stone age are kicking ass. Lots of really good music out right now. Just have to be a little open minded about it that's all.
linkinpark232
That's exactly what I'm getting at

Reply to this thread