0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

BBT's Official "ThunderBassistJay" Thread!

LoudLon [moderator]
As LP mentioned above, Jay deserves it. The guy's a beast! I'm just sorry it took me this long to think of it.

Bad Lon. Bad!
Quote:
Quote: Die happy is what i say!
Die with your favorite bass in your hands and be buried with it, is what I say.
Sex Pistols, an early Punk band from the UK. Way back (1978?) I got their one and only studio album, Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols. I really liked what I heard. Almost 40 years later, I began playing their songs. Eventually I covered the entire album…

Punk Rock only? No! I kind of grew up on Deep Purple's music. Great stuff, here's Stormbringer…
More Heavy Metal, Sabaton, a band I got to know because of my son covering their songs. They sing about the wars that shook the world. I'm glad to have the BEAD tuned Ibanez…

Ramones… As long as I can remember I've got their live album It's Alive! I covered most of the songs of that album. Unfortunately most of those videos are blocked worldwide, as the copyright holders think their income will be less due to my covers. The jury is still out on that. To get around the issue, I also covered Ramones covers…

Metallica also covered a few Ramones songs.

Speaking of Metallica…

johnny880
Quote:
Punk Rock only? No! I kind of grew up on Deep Purple's music. Great stuff, here's Stormbringer…
Deep Purple is more my kind of thing. I saw them with Black Sabbath and ELP. At the California Jam. Ritchie Blackmore, Roger Glover. Come on. That's kick ass 70s. Really good. God rest Keith Emersons soul and his mighty MOOG. I am not to into punk. I think it is a really big UK thing. But I appreciate what you are playing Jay and think you knock it out of the park.
johnny880
I would love to see you knock out some Deep Purple. Highway Star. Space Truckin. Knocking at your back door. Burn etc. Maybe incorporate some play along tabs in your videos so us mortal folk can see what you are doing and play along to your vids. That would be a whole lotta fun. I think you would rip and shred the Deep Purple songs and it would be cool playing along with some of your other songs as well.

Reply to this thread