0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Original Riffs Page

2nick3
Quote:
P.S. Maroon 5 as halftime show. Really !

I thought Maroon 5 wasn't too bad, but the two “featuring” rappers were horrible. When you have to cut the audio because of the lyrics you made a bad pick, NFL/CBS. They just brought nothing to the show, and I thought that Maroon 5 would be popular enough across different demographics to not need to be supplemented like that. Not in my Top 10 for Super Bowl halftime shows, but not the worst (I'm looking at you 2011 - Black Eyed Peas with Slash and Aerosmith????).

And someone has decided that having a B-league for American Football is a good idea. Again. Not that it hasn't failed a few times already, but if Hollywood can keep remaking bad movies, why not repeat other bad decisions?

Marko1960
See, if you'd gone to a Rugby match, especially a Rugby League match, you wouldn't have to put up with Maroon 5 at half time, the sport itself is interesting enough to not have to put a pop group on to keep you interested

…and no poncey body armour, just flesh and bone crunching into flesh and bone
Quote:
Quote: As we are on the subject of american soccer, new england patriots won the super bowl Yet again. But I don't think its going to hurt the Rams players paycheck in any way. Couldn't watch Moron 5 at halftime. Changed channels to Star Trek it didn't hurt my ears as much. Beam me up Scotty.

Lol, no not a pauper among the Rams players for sure. I think you made a wise choice switching over at half time, the reviews have not been too kind
Quote:
See, if you'd gone to a Rugby match, especially a Rugby League match, you wouldn't have to put up with Maroon 5 at half time, the sport itself is interesting enough to not have to put a pop group on to keep you interested

You may well have a point
Marko1960
Quote:
As we are on the subject of american soccer, new england patriots won the super bowl
American Soccer? I thought the Patriots were an American Football team and the Soup Bowl an American Football thing

…I only know cos Peter Griffin is a Patriots fan
Quote:
Quote: As we are on the subject of american soccer, new england patriots won the super bowl American Soccer? I thought the Patriots were an American Football team and the Soup Bowl an American Football thing…I only know cos Peter Griffin is a Patriots fan

Yeah american soccer
Marko1960
Right so now I'm confused, soccer is an American word to describe Association Football which is a different game from American Football which is American Rugby except the players get dressed up like a Panzer Tank so as not to chip their nail varnish or smudge their mascara. Americans also play Soccer, my team, Newcastle United, have just signed Miguel Almiron from Atlanta United, but they just call it Soccer and it doesn't have a Super Bowl. Call me fick but please explain American Soccer
2nick3
American Soccer is called Football everywhere else in the world (except Canada, I think). Pretty easy, really, for being confusing.

American Football is played with the hands, except for a couple of guys on the team who are allowed to kick the ball. They usually don't look like the other players, being smaller and lighter, and it's embarrassing to be knocked down (tackled) by them.

American Football doesn't have players who get bumped and then lay around on the ground in agony, only to jump up and run around again once they know the officials won't give them a call. That's what the rest of the world calls Football.

They play American Football in Canada, too, sort of, and they call it Football as well.
Marko1960
Ahh, so American FOOTball is played with the hands, I see, well that's absolutely crystal!! And do you play American Tennis with a Cricket bat. Rugby players don't get knocked over and roll around in agony either, maybe that's where American Handb…Footballers get it from

…and when you say, “rest of the world” do you reckon that's telling you something?
2nick3
I only tried to explain the WHAT, Marko - I don't think there's any rational explanation for the WHY…

Reply to this thread