0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Original Riffs Page

Short, sweet and to the point that is how all the classics go
johnny880
Many thanks guys for moving this forward. I am going to watch the Superbowl tomorrow so its a early evening for me tonite and a stupid night tomorrow. I will post a small riff after I recuperate from the game. Thanks Marko and Nick. I knew some of you guys would come thru. And I bet someone is already playing your notes. Awesome. That's the idea.
johnny880
Quote:
Tabs: G|--------------------------------------|D|--------------------------------------|A|--------------------------------------|E|-1----3----5---1---3-----6-5---1---3---5---3---1--| That took me an hour which is why I don't tab on this site, good riff though
I find it difficult as well but will do my best after I recuperate from Superbowl damage. And also it doesn't matter Marko if it took you an hour, it will take me that long to. But you gave new players a riff they can screw around with. That was my whole idea. I am going to mess with the riffs you guys post as well, and maybe you might screw around with mine and others if they choose to post some. I hope it will catch on. Maybe. Maybe not. I wrote a riff a couple of days ago. My brother said it sounded like Sabbath. I agreed. I played it over and over so I could remember it the next day. Guess what the next day I butchered the shit out of it and cant remember all that I was playing. But I still like what I can remember of it and will post it after the game.
johnny880
Quote:
Short, sweet and to the point that is how all the classics go
I couldn't agree more. The first tab I gave out that Mr Zee worked on for me was just like that short and sweet, and the one I am going to post is the same. Short ,to the point and in the box. And I don't want anyone to get me wrong here also. The notes I am going to post god help me. They are for people to mess with. That's all. The other one I posted I needed help with because I liked it but didn't know what to do with it. Anything else I put on here is just for anyone that comes to this forum to play with it if they want. And I hope it catches on. I hope everyone listening and lurking in the background throws in some notes. Go nuts. See you after my headache is gone.
Marko1960
You'd be better off going to a Rugby match, they're not pansies and they don't wear crash helmets and body armour. Anyway, the riff I posted was a bit of an experiment and the results are very interesting. I thought someone might have spotted it but no. There have been quite a few people past it since I posted it but nobody spotted Smoke on the Water, shame on all of you!
While I was typing this I was sat in bed watching the sun rise out of the North Sea from my bedroom window, the sky is ablaze with pinks, purples and blues, makes you feel like writing a bass riff
johnny880
Quote:
You'd be better off going to a Rugby match, they're not pansies and they don't wear crash helmets and body armour. Anyway, the riff I posted was a bit of an experiment and the results are very interesting. I thought someone might have spotted it but no. There have been quite a few people past it since I posted it but nobody spotted Smoke on the Water, shame on all of you! While I was typing this I was sat in bed watching the sun rise out of the North Sea from my bedroom window, the sky is ablaze with pinks, purples and blues, makes you feel like writing a bass riff
I am not so sure. They are some pretty big boys. I think a helmet and a 9mm is the only thing that will save you in a dark alley against one of those linebackers.
johnny880
P.S. Maroon 5 as halftime show. Really !
Marko1960
I rest my case
As we are on the subject of american soccer, new england patriots won the super bowl
johnny880
Quote:
As we are on the subject of american soccer, new england patriots won the super bowl
Yet again. But I don't think its going to hurt the Rams players paycheck in any way. Couldn't watch Moron 5 at halftime. Changed channels to Star Trek it didn't hurt my ears as much. Beam me up Scotty.

Reply to this thread