0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Original Riffs Page

johnny880
Thanks Nick. The second version is how I play it except the 7 and 5 are on & and 4. Not 3 and 4. I pause after the triplet. Putting in the 1&2& so on, Is going to be extremely difficult for me because a lot of the tabs I have written change time signatures. So I don't know how to tab it. Therefore I wont until I understand tabbing a little better. I will post the tabs the best I can and explain it. And hope people get the jist of it, if and when hopefully they start an original riffs sub page. Thanks again for your help. I know how to tab a triplet now. When I tab out the rest of the riff I think it will all make sense to everyone. I hope. If not it doesn't matter people can take it and do there own thing with it if they like the feel.
the beauty of this thread is that everyone can interpret a riff anyway they want and it will never be wrong. go with what you feel.
johnny880
You Guys all know this but new players probably don't. You can really step outside the box using triplets. Work your way around a root note. All over the place. All over the fretboard and back to your root. And it sounds good. One box leads to another and so on and back. Like a Chinese puzzle box. Its all connected. Once you figure that out. There are no limits to what you can write. It has taking me awhile to figure out how to do that. And I still screw up. That's how I practice and play. Figuring out how to move around the neck without it sounding like a wounded dog. Just my 2 cents worth. Had a little time on my hands to shoot the breeze. If I can help out new players like you guys have helped me. Its all good…
johnny880
Quote:
the beauty of this thread is that everyone can interpret a riff anyway they want and it will never be wrong. go with what you feel.
Exactly. You got it ! I hope they start the original riffs page for that very reason. Take other peoples ideas and move those ideas into any direction that feels good and learn something from what they are playing as well. You get it my man. Cheers.

Reply to this thread