0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

New tab ratings: I'm calling bullshit

Marko1960
In the House of Commons this afternoon, Brexit talks were put on hold while the BBT rating system was pummelled out, Theresa May was in favour of a Like/Dislike option
LoudLon [moderator]
Meanwhile, Trump has threatened to shut the government down if we don't fix the BBT rating system. Most of the GOP is on board with that plan, which just proves that there must not be many bass players on Congress.
Marko1960
…and finally, Vladimir Putin has joined the debate, re opening Siberian salt mines to take in the rogue tab raters and training new KGB agents in scales, triads and inversions
2nick3
In recently found documents Attila the Hun was quoted as saying “Just gut the cheeky lot of BBT ratings abusers!” *

* The translation may not be 100% accurate.
Marko1960
We should really talk seriously about this, I think we should come up with a set of options and put them to the vote, then get Johnny to put the winner into force. I'm up for the simple Like/Dislike with compulsory comments so that would get my vote, so I'm putting it forward as one of the options to vote for. More options please
mr zee
What will happen to all the tab ratings accrued under the present system, there must be a few thousand. Would all the people rating tabs have to go back into the system to re-rate. Would the favourites on tabs become likes or would the amount of views become likes. Maybe all the tabs will get zeroed.

One things for certain, until you know whats gonna happen to the tabs on the present system you cant really vote for what ever choices might be proposed for a new system.

Once the choices become public there is nothing to stop abusers from viewing tabs as often as they like or other dastardly manouveres which means not just blocking ratings but views too, but the advertisers on the site wont like that because a tab site that cant be viewed is about as much use as a crack in a glass eye.
mr zee
there's 20,000 members on this site, the vast majority, as a guess, don't create tabs or even bother with the actual forum they only visit to view tabs, so would these members be entitled to vote even though they haven't expressed a view on the forum or wrote a tab. This and the versions thread have had input from the same ten people in the last four weeks so can we assume the rest aren't interested or like the abusing raters do not know how to type.
Marko1960
The tabs as they are now would remain as they are, just newly submitted tabs would be subject to the new system and every registered user would get a vote, ‘no taxation without representation’
mr zee
and every registered user would get a vote, ‘no taxation without representation’

I meant would all members be able to vote for a new system

Its quite correct that all users can rate/like tabs as long as they have been registered for a specific length of time as 2nick3 suggests
Marko1960
Quote:
Its quite correct that all users can rate/like tabs as long as they have been registered for a specific length of time as 2nick3 suggests
That's another of the options to vote for, we have two so far, keep em coming

Reply to this thread