0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

New tab ratings: I'm calling bullshit

2nick3
I think the two basic parts of the short-term solution are to:

1. Require comments for all ratings
2. Not let new users rate tabs for 30 days after registration on the site, with 6 logins/sessions required

It takes some effort to get to the point where you can rate tabs, and we can tell who is rating the tabs from the list of comments, so if someone does go through it to abuse the system they can be identified and banned. It may deter some from posting tabs when they can't immediately rate them, but I'm not sure that's a huge loss overall.

The 30 days/6 logins can be reduced (no lower than 7/4, in my opinion) and still get most of the same effect.
LoudLon [moderator]
3. One user name per IP address. Helps weed out users making duplicate accounts to give themselves good ratings.
Marko1960
4. Free 1962 L series Precision Bass to the highest rated tab
mr zee
Lon might not want a fender, he might prefer something else. lol
2nick3
Quote:
3. One user name per IP address. Helps weed out users making duplicate accounts to give themselves good ratings.

If that can be done it would help a lot. So the list of proposed updates is:

1. Require comments for all ratings
2. Not let new users rate tabs for 30 days after registration on the site, with 6 logins/sessions required
3. One user name per IP address. Helps weed out users making duplicate accounts to give themselves good ratings

Marko - I'll add yours to the list once you send me that P-Bass to hold while we do an exhaustive 17 year study on the tab ratings in order to determine the winner.
mr zee
@ 2nick3
If you get that P bass off Marko you had better not bust it playing theme for great cities. lol
Marko1960
If it's being put to the vote why has my option been removed? If it's not good enough it will get voted out but at least it will have been part of a democratic process

…where did McCarthyism come from again?
LoudLon [moderator]
Marko, read the last line of 2nick's post. Doy!
Marko1960
Ok, it's in the post
2nick3
Quote:
Ok, it's in the post

Don't worry about it sitting on my doorstep and getting taken - my dog lets me know the second the UPS or FedEx truck enters the neighborhood.

Reply to this thread