0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

New tab ratings: I'm calling bullshit

2nick3
I think the quick “fix” is to require all ratings to have a comment. It will probably kill the number of ratings given, but the ones that are should be more accurate.

And should be the easiest to implement, since it would just be changing the range requiring a comment.
Marko1960
I think we should just close this thread cos nothings going to happen so why bother keep going over it again and again
LoudLon [moderator]
Don't be pessimistic. Just because nothing has happened yet doesn't mean nothing ever will. We'll get this whole thing sorted one of these days.
mr zee
Well I joined 2 years ago and my first tab scored 5 within minutes. I'd never tabbed before. Two years later still tabbing (getting better at it), still getting 5's, but surely 233 5 stars outta 238 tabs can't be right, surely. Some of them are proper s… . A few are pretty good. Jeez gonna have to hit the sack as the Taylors port is kicking in.
johnny880
I am new here but I got the idea of the rating system from the start. I still think the people that are rating the tabs should have to give there identity and why they rated the tab the way they did. Just my thoughts…
johnny880
Also I see why its frustrating. Some tabs have multiple versions and weeding thru them is a pain. I have worked on songs that have 3 stars that are better than the 5 star version. Go figure…
Marko1960
Quote:
Don't be pessimistic. Just because nothing has happened yet doesn't mean nothing ever will. We'll get this whole thing sorted one of these days.
Yeah but by then we'll all be too busy celebrating the cure for cancer and heart disease and the end of war, famine and George Ezra. (If you havent got him over there count your lucky stars)
2nick3
Quote:
Also I see why its frustrating. Some tabs have multiple versions and weeding thru them is a pain. I have worked on songs that have 3 stars that are better than the 5 star version. Go figure…

Did you add your rating to them?

That's the real fix - if you work through a tab enough to tell if it's good or not, give it the appropriate rating. The more genuine ratings a tab gets the less the bogus ones will matter.
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
I think the quick “fix” is to require all ratings to have a comment. It will probably kill the number of ratings given, but the ones that are should be more accurate.And should be the easiest to implement, since it would just be changing the range requiring a comment.

Agreed. While it may result in less tabs being rated, I'd rather have no tabs rated than every tab dishonestly rated. It's obviously not the best cure for the problem, but it would stave off ratings abuse until we could come up with something better.
Marko1960
Just been looking at the latest tabs and 91 out of 101 tabs have five stars, not 4,3,2 or 1 star, five! Someone is taking the piss

Reply to this thread