0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

New tab ratings: I'm calling bullshit

Marko1960
I've just been on the tabs just to check out what's happening, more easy tabs than the harder ones. I checked out YYZ by Rush and there's three tabs for it, I checked the highest rated one and at the end the tabber claimed it was 100% correct so I checked it against the isolated track, the actual track that's on Moving Pictures and I just checked the ending against his and guess what…not 100% correct, I put what I'm hearing in the comments if anyone would like to check my version of the ending just so as we are all on the same page. Thanks
Marko1960
Bollocks
Marko1960
RIGHT. IM GONNA TRY ONE LAST F£@&-G TIME
Tabs:
G|--------------------------------------|
D|--------------------4-2-0----------------|
A|-2-2---2-2-2--------------2-----------------|
E|-----2-------2--------------------------|
I went back to the tab to check it but my version wasn't on, (why I never bother!), so here it is
…sod this, anyone fancy a pint?
Marko1960
Quote:
…sod this, anyone fancy a pint?
Absolutely, see you in The Greenside in ten mins
lbassy
And the games continue. Five 5 star ratings in one day for this mediocre tab that LoudLon called our attention to:
https://www.bigbasstabs.com/the_jimi_hendrix_experience_bass_tabs/hey_joe.html

The ratings game here has been a joke for a while now. Not one of mine deserve 5 stars (formatting), and yet virtually all were from the moment they posted. I think we need to consider the possibility that the owner wants everyone to believe that there's nothing but great tabs here. Little else makes sense since trolls would be doing the opposite and who else would take the time to five-star everything not made by LoudLon?

Between that and person (or persons) who have been creating new logins constantly for months to request tabs, this site is becoming less cool (present company excluded). At least the clown that used to put “100% correct!” in the song title of his 3 measure truncated tabs has stopped.
Marko1960
Hmmmmm this has got me thinking
LoudLon [moderator]
If you look at all the tabs that have been rated in the last couple days, once again the bulk are from tabbers who have only joined at some point in the last four or five months. I'm no conspiracy theorist but this is ridiculous. One person giving a bad tab a high rating can be chalked up to that one person not knowing what they're doing. Multiple people dog-piling high ratings on bad tabs submitted by tabbers who all only joined within the same time frame clearly indicates people just being dicks.

At this point, I'm ready to ask Johnny to suspend tab rating altogether until we can figure out what's going on here. And I think it's time for a culling. Run checks on all new members who have joined in the last six months, and I'm willing to bet a lot of them come back with the same ISP address. Then ban the lot of ‘em.

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if our old fraudulent friend Twiggybass is back up to his old tricks. I wouldn't put it past that twerp to have a hand in any of this.
Marko1960
Yeah, Twiggy is what got me thinking, he's obviously not dealing from a full deck
Well if it is this Twiggy person, just ignore him for now. When the new system is up and running it will prevent him from doing what he is doing. We've survived this long, a little while longer won't hurt.

Reply to this thread