0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rescued another one...

2nick3
Not free, but below market. When I pointed it out he said he was happy with the price, not having to advertise it and deal with a buyer that way, and he figured he'd get about the same selling it to a store. I threw in a bit extra because of the original hard case, which he hadn't mentioned. Some scuffs and buckle rash on the back, but in insanely good shape for the age (36 years - wow!).

Thankfully my wife wasn't home when I brought it in. Not sure when she'll notice it, and with the herd at the size it is now (7, plus my daughters 2 guitars) she might not.
LoudLon [moderator]
Still, a bass like that, you get a deal on it, you don't pass it up. Maybe should have checked with the wife, though. Unless, of course, there's room for both you AND the bass in the doghouse.
Marko1960
Some pics then. You could do with a vintage Peavey amp to play it through…like my 1975 TNT 150 for instance
2nick3
You want to send me your amp, Marko, I'll be happy to use it! For how good the T40 sounds through the Peavey Minx 110 (with the Eminence driver) I can only imagine how it would sound moving that much more air!

My MIA Jazz is getting jealous - it didn't get played all weekend.
Marko1960
I love the TNT 150, U S built in 75, it's a transistor amp not valve but it's great, really simple, quiet in operation with no crackly pots but a real trouser flapper when you crank it up with no signal clipping so when you turn it up to eleven eleven is what you get. I had it serviced when I first got it and the engineer told me that the pots are identical to the ones used on early sixties Fender Twin Reverbs and as such, worth a few bob. My younger brother plays bass in a pro band that tours the clubs and his 500w Hartke head and two 8x10 cabs blew up so I lent him the Peavey to tide him over and he didn't want to give it back
IamMark
My guitarist has more guitars than he can keep track of. He has a huge problem with impulse buying guitars. He has so many his wife doesn't have a clue which one is new. He just adds them to the stacks of cases he has in the basement.

So just tell your wife that you've had the Peavy bass as long as you can remember. You just don't play it very often.

Yeah… that's it… lie to your wife.
Marko1960
Just tell her that if you weren't buying guitars you'd be chasing loose women, works every time, watch your collection grow
2nick3
Quote:
Just tell her that if you weren't buying guitars you'd be chasing loose women, works every time, watch your collection grow

My wife just roll her eyes at me and say, “Yeah, good luck with that.” After all, we all know this is pretty accurate:

Marko1960
Adam Clayton seems to manage, but then he is hung like a race hoss
LoudLon [moderator]
I'm hung like a horse as well. A sea horse, but still.

Reply to this thread