0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rescued another one...

2nick3
Not big on the hoppy taste of most IPAs. Might just go with a nice Merlot and be done with it.
Marko1960
MERLOT!!? Let's be honest, the reason we chose bass is cos we can keep it simple, (root notes) and top up to the limit with frosty suds, if you're a lead guitarist on a widdleathon, you need to stay focussed so getting dizzy as a bat is out of the question, but haven't you noticed most bassists stand at the back, perfectly upright and completely still? that's so they don't spill any! Bill Wyman, John Entwhistle, Geezer Butler…

…pisspots each and every one
IamMark
When I drink wine and play, I forget song arrangements and get frustrated.

When I drink beer and play, I don't care about the mistakes I make.
MotorMog
Always have beers at reherals nothing outrageous 5-6ish over 3 hour session

Gigs probably a couple of pints during set up then take one up onstage with a water ,pretty restrained I would say !

Never went into this for anything but a laugh so the day playing gets in the way of my drinking I'm packing it in
2nick3
Quote:
MERLOT!!?

Better than a White Zinfandel!

Beer needs to be cold (Remember - I'm from the US), so the container (bottle, mug, can (if desperate)) gets condensation on it. Which then gets my fingers wet when I take a drink.

Wine, at/near room temperature, doesn't have this horrible side effect. (Keep reading - this makes sense!)

So while I'm playing a riff that's all E, A and D (you know, open strings) I can use my left hand to take a drink. With a beer I have to dry off my fingers to go to a B or G, but with wine I'm good to go!

Meaning more opportunities to take a drink while I'm playing.

Yes, it's genius, I know. And it would be moot if we had beer you could drink at room temperature here, but we don't.
IamMark
I have a towel lying next to my drink to dry my hands off every sip.

Problem solved.
MotorMog

Took Marko's advice from some months back and got some humbuckers fitted to my jazz, some lively Dimarzio DP123 pups

Also a nice chunky Fender high mass bridge and the neck redone in satin finish

Only took took it in tuesday but got it back this afternoon , plays and sounds like a beast now

Not sure what you would call a Jazz with twin humbuckers ,erm a J Pee-Pee perhaps
Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: MERLOT!!? Better than a White Zinfandel! Beer needs to be cold (Remember - I'm from the US), so the container (bottle, mug, can (if desperate)) gets condensation on it. Which then gets my fingers wet when I take a drink. Wine, at/near room temperature, doesn't have this horrible side effect. (Keep reading - this makes sense!) So while I'm playing a riff that's all E, A and D (you know, open strings) I can use my left hand to take a drink. With a beer I have to dry off my fingers to go to a B or G, but with wine I'm good to go! Meaning more opportunities to take a drink while I'm playing. Yes, it's genius, I know. And it would be moot if we had beer you could drink at room temperature here, but we don't.
Wine in general, I only drink wine when there's no turps, what about a beer glass with a handle?

Mog, DiMarzios looking good, do they growl?
MotorMog
Quote:
Mog, DiMarzios looking good, do they growl?

Very much so , gonna do some playing around to work out the best blend of bridge to neck ratio for ultimate grrrrrrrr

And no more of that flippin annoying single coil hum when both pups arnt on full whack

Happy daze
mr zee
It'll grunt n growl like a lusty old pig

Reply to this thread