ITS ABOUT FUN
MotorMog
Quote:
ITS ABOUT FUN

Beer and playing live with your mates doesn't get any more fun than that
mr zee
That's very true
mr zee
I use to feel bored or lost, looking for something, day after a gig, even if it was a weekend. Needed to carry on in the vein of the previous night but apart from beer n yer mates you become joe blogs again until the next time
Marko1960
I'll never get back there again, seriously thinking about floggin me gear, time to move on
mr zee
I did just that in 2002ish, went down to northen guitars in leeds and said how much. 5 mins later it was in there shop and I was back on my way home.

Then, started collecting again about 3 years ago. Now got 9 decentish basses and one or two probable scrappers.

Its highly unlikely that I will join another band but you never know, there could be some other aged like minded musos out there that want a bit of a giggle
Marko1960
About ten years ago I converted a VW T4 Transporter into a camper and had some great holidays, I'm saving to do the same with a T5 and those dusty relics in the corner will contribute to the fund. The VW fraternity is the biggest club in the world and the meets are loads of fun, with live bands on at most of them, Dubfest for instance is a three day party

…did I mention the beer?
2nick3
I hate to interrupt the important topic going on this thread (beer), but to get back to the title topic, I got started on the cleanup of the Peavy Foundation and Minx 110 this weekend. The Foundation is disassembled and ready to start refinishing. On the Minx 110 a friend of mine who is good with electronics helped me find the issue with it - broken solder joint on the ground of the input jack. A little solder applied and it's good as new.

Next step is cleaning up the tolex cover on the Minx 110 and reassembling it. Then I'll have a “Battle of the Combo Amps” between it and my Orange Crush 50BXT - I really don't need two “coffee house” sized amps.
Marko1960
…so when you're re-finishing the Peavey will you be having a nice Danish lager or maybe you'll fancy one of those ‘Hoppy’ IPAs?

Reply to this thread