0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rescued another one...

Marko1960
I've tried joining the open toe sandals and cardigan brigade but real ale is like quaffing furniture polish at best and cat piss at worst
Marko1960
Quote:
This could be a bargain, Fender standard Jazz Bass with case,been water damaged so some work required but as it stands is about 130 quid delivered from the states, cheaper if your in the states, my kind of thing this one

It sold for 360 dollars, that's a bit too salty for me, there's likely to be a few requests for songs like, ‘Beyond the Sea’, ‘In an Octopus’s Garden', and Handls ‘Water Music’
Marko1960

Here's a better one, Epiphone Thunderbird, needed bridge saddle on G string ( bridges are ten a penny on eBay), plus a few chips and dings, it sold for 80 quid
MotorMog
Quote:
Here's a better one, Epiphone Thunderbird, needed bridge saddle on G string ( bridges are ten a penny on eBay), plus a few chips and dings, it sold for 80 quid

Hipshot do a nice drop in replacement for the tbird but it costs more than 80 squids

MotorMog
So we decided to record our studio session last night as we were doing our full set ahead of Monday's beer festival and feeling well rehearsed

Yeah didn't go er that well sound engineer was faffing about for bloody ages getting mics and di-s sorted ,was expecting to be set up ready to go so that was 45 mins of paid studio time gone

So we record a couple of songs that he checks to make sure its ok and then says he's going to leave us to it and give him a shout when we're done

Well the MacBook that is recording is in front of me and I can see all the levels bouncing around nicely and were playing great ,after about 10 mins the screen goes blank but I'm guessing its just turned off the screen as is the norm in power save mode

30 songs and 1.5 hours later the sound guy is back in to check the recordings and yeah the f***kin laptop was in full power save mode and had only recorded 5 songs before powering down completely

This bloke was doing his nut and all we could do was piss ourselves laughing

we went to the pub still chuckling away, what a tw*t

mr zee
This arrived today. Didn't need rescuing, apart from new strings and action sorting all is good. What's the name of your sound engineer, Muffit and Leggit. Hope the songs that did record are ok. Knock em dead on MOnday or at least deafen em
mr zee
My Epiphone Tbird stands me at about £150. Neck £44, body which was really scabby £20, bridge £5, tuners £25, scratch plate £14, second hand pups £30. Switch, pots, knobs and jackplate, (to cover gaping hole) I had left over from mods to other basses.
mr zee
Marko1960
I recorded in a studio once with a band but it wasn't a MacBook it was a 32 track desk, the drums went into the desk via triggers and the guitarists gear went into the desk directly. My 1975 Peavey TNT 150 however had to be mic'ed much to the engineers disdain, he looked at me like I'd come into his house on Christmas Day and pissed on his kids!
2nick3
@Marko - You know how someone looks if you go into their house on Christmas Day and piss on their kids? There has to be a GREAT story behind that!

Reply to this thread