0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What is the best kind of bass?

Heavier woods give a thicker tone. If you're playing metal you don't want some 2 pound piece of plywood
I own a Tokai Thunderbird which was about £450 and i loved it at first.
The problem for me came when i started to use a pick/plectrum because i learned finger style first.
When you play with your fingers you can hold your Thunderbird without too much problem but because of the neck dive it isn't so good for your muting whilst using a pick/plectrum.

I also have a Cort B4 Artisan which has one hell of a tone for a £500 quid Bass !
It was recommended to me by a few people who said it's sound was of a Bass double it's price.
Made from Wenge wood it has a really thin and comfortable neck which you can slide up and down without too much effort.
It kind of looks a bit like an Ibanez bass and is really nice to play and i would recommend this Bass to anyone because they are well worth the money.

I'm thinking of investing in a couple of Schecters the first one being the Jazz Bass and the second being the Model T Studio Bass.
Has anyone had the experience of playing any of these two basses and what are they like ?
Hugorj
Hey, welcome Joe Hawkins.. You have a Cort B4, but do you know about Cort GB 74? This is really good?
Why does everyone point out the Thunderbird's neckdive? Just play the damn thing
Marko1960
The Thunderbird has terrible neck dive and poor hi fret access, Gibson have yet to make a decent bass
Marko1960
Quote:
Heavier woods give a thicker tone. If you're playing metal you don't want some 2 pound piece of plywood
I wouldnt dream of using plywood to make a bass, the one im working on uses Mahigany for the neck and body, same as a Thunderbird
Quote:
The Thunderbird has terrible neck dive and poor hi fret access, Gibson have yet to make a decent bass
Quote:
Quote: I wouldnt dream of using plywood to make a bass, the one im working on uses Mahigany for the neck and body, same as a Thunderbird
I agree, plywood would break easily
Take out the second ‘Quote’
Anyone here play Fenders, or are they just too basic

Reply to this thread