0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What is the best kind of bass?

Oh and Thunderbirds are best for metal and rock. It's not horrible for other genres but I'd say it's definitely made for the rock/metal crowd
Leiria
Quote:
Oh and Thunderbirds are best for metal and rock. It's not horrible for other genres but I'd say it's definitely made for the rock/metal crowd
Thats what I was trying to say. It can be used for other genres and fit in well but its not the best choice. Otherwise you would see thunderbirds on Funk or Jazz. Its still one of the most versatile basses Ive played though.
IamMark
Quote:
Wow, the handmade is lookin sweet Mark, it can hold its own amongst those stars
Thanks brother! As soon as I build my new workshop I'm going to start bass #2,3,&4.
The best kind of bass is the one your playing. Doesn't matter as long as your playing. Everyone's tastes are different. Color, style, type of music. A cheap bass is better than no bass. Went through a couple cheap basses till I found the not quite as cheap ones that I currently play.
All I know is that if it isn't very heavy I don't like it. A nice heavy body on a guitar or bass is the best thing ever, that's what I love about the Jackson JS3
Marko1960
Wait until you have to stand on stage with that back breaker hanging round your neck for two hours, you'll wish you'd bought a Fender Mustang
But I'm still young sooo
Marko1960
True, and totally lacking in wisdom, youth is wasted on the young!
I'm not sure I agree with that
Marko1960
You dont say why you like a heavy body, the sound that comes from the amp is caused by the vibration of the strings disturbing a magnetic field surrounding the pick ups, this disturbance is transformed into an electric signal which is amplified and fed through the speaker, the timber used for the body has very little affect on the sound. Ned Steinbergers miniscule bass was made from carbon graphite and lihht as a feather but sounded fantastic. Bosh

Reply to this thread