0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Suggestions to improve the site

Calm down. It takes work, time and patience.
2nick3
BBT does not pay the bills for Johnny. I believe he's received his PhD, so I'd guess his hourly rate is a bit steep, but making an offer could impact his priority structure to speed things up for you.

Or you could spend $20 on one of the bluetooth “page-down” pedals and scroll youself. It would even work with stuff not on BBT.
Maybe have the option to have some bass tabbers verified so you know its a trusted source
Just out of interest (this isn’t a suggestion to improve the site) is it fair for me to link a YouTube channel in forums because I have a YouTube channel (an extremely unpopular one) where I share songs I made on GrageBand? It’s nothing professional just me messing around really but I’d like to see what some of you guys think maybe.
LoudLon [moderator]
That's fine, Blurry. Really the only thing we don't like being posted are request threads. Firstly because that's what the request page is for, and secondly because request threads don't tend to get many replies, if any, so they just junk up the board.

Pretty much anything else is allowable, as long as it meets the usual rules you find on public forums (be civil to each other, no graphic imagery, be mindful of minor-age members, etc).
Jor-El
When will we get autoscroll
Jor-El
Can we have faster approve time?
LoudLon [moderator]
As our admin Johnny said recently:

Quote:
The system for approving and editing tabs is very clunky and very very error prone. I would really like to overhaul it and make it more robust, so that we can all use it. Currently it's very easy to break the site with it, that's why I'm the only one approving tabs. Hopefully I can get around to it. This website is only a hobby of mine, I have a regular job beside it that's why I cannot work on it as much as I'd like.

Be patient.
Maybe you guys could find some way to make money of it. I know it’s not a video game but premium features and lots of ads and purchasable things are great ways to make money. Idk if it’s possible on a website really or if you guys even care about money on this website but if that would help you guys maybe it could happen.
LoudLon [moderator]
I have no idea how that would work. Remember, it's not like we're creating our own intellectual property here. We're posting transcriptions of other people's intellectual property, so copyright laws would certainly come into play.

Maybe if Johnny could land some kind of sponsorhip – like some bass players on YouTube, who make money by being paid to advertise, use or endorse specific products. But I can't imagine record companies and artists who hold the rights to the music we're transcribing would be cool with us making cheddar directly from the music and transcriptions themselves.

Johnny floated an idea a while back about a bounty-type of situation, where users can offer money to have a song tabbed. That way the user would be paying the tabber for their time and effort, and not specifically for the tab itself. But that's a really blurry line and I'm not entirely certain it would still technically not be copyright violation.

Personally, I don't care about the money. Although with the current situation and everyone being out of work, every penny helps. But I started tabbing because to me, it's like tinkering with a wristwatch. I like taking a song apart and seeing how every little piece fits together. And when I learn how to play a song, I like sharing that knowledge with others. Making money from it never crossed my mind, anymore than making money from sitting around doing crossword puzzles or building model cars.

Reply to this thread