0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Suggestions to improve the site

LP
Quote:
I have no idea how that would work. Remember, it's not like we're creating our own intellectual property here. We're posting transcriptions of other people's intellectual property, so copyright laws would certainly come into play. Maybe if Johnny could land some kind of sponsorhip – like some bass players on YouTube, who make money by being paid to advertise, use or endorse specific products. But I can't imagine record companies and artists who hold the rights to the music we're transcribing would be cool with us making cheddar directly from the music and transcriptions themselves. Johnny floated an idea a while back about a bounty-type of situation, where users can offer money to have a song tabbed. That way the user would be paying the tabber for their time and effort, and not specifically for the tab itself. But that's a really blurry line and I'm not entirely certain it would still technically not be copyright violation.Personally, I don't care about the money. Although with the current situation and everyone being out of work, every penny helps. But I started tabbing because to me, it's like tinkering with a wristwatch. I like taking a song apart and seeing how every little piece fits together. And when I learn how to play a song, I like sharing that knowledge with others. Making money from it never crossed my mind, anymore than making money from sitting around doing crossword puzzles or building model cars.

Sound advice Lon
LP
Quote:
Can we have faster approve time?

Impatient or what!!!
Thanks LP didn’t see that message before
LP
Very welcome Blurryface
Jor-El
A way to change your username maybe?
Seems like spamming is still happening. Maybe instead of fixing it would it be possible for moderators to get permission to delete forums?
johnny [staff]
Yeah, I agree
LoudLon [moderator]
We already can delete threads. When banning a user, there's an option to delete all their posts from the boards, which is what I do when banning a spam account.

It's been seven years since I registered here so I forget if there's an “I'm not a robot” Captcha (or some other such anti-bot hurdle). But if there isn't, maybe we could implement something like that.
Cool
2nick3
The Captcha verify is good, but a validation email makes it a two-step process for the user to get on the site. Most site spammers aren't going to bother with that. And if they do go through it we have a possible working email for them - and those are EASY to get onto spam email lists!

Reply to this thread