0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

New Tab Ratings

johnny [staff]
Well, malicious ratings are usually very spammy, like today. The ratings were doled out without exception all over the new bass tabs list. There are many effective methods to fight spam like this. Trust us on this, we'll do it the right way.
IamMark
Oh I trust you guys. You're way smarter on this stuff than I could ever dream of being. I'm just the F.N.G. around here. Just trying to offer any help I can.

But you guys clearly have seen it all already with the site. Well, er except for this nonsense.
Sidsquishus
Thanks Johnny for all your late night work in restoring ratings.

And I get your point Lon and Dude, but I disagree. If someone wants to leave the site and take their tabs, that's what should happen - as has happened previously here.
bassm99
Quote:
It looks like bassm99 has also drawn the wrath of the evil bad guys. I don't think he ever did anything that could have made anyone angry.

Yes Sid, I got my ratings well & truly butchered. I don't think it was personal to me (well I hope not) but just an attack on all the submitted tabs. Everyone suffered. Thank you for your kind words,I appreciate it. I see my ratings have been restored bar my 2 most recent submissions. The Missing Persons “Walking In L.A.” has no rating at all & my Bangles tab is still showing a low rating.
linkinpark232
I haven't made a tab in a good 6 weeks. I forgot how long it takes. I spent an hour and 40 minutes earlier simplifying a guitar tab. It would make me mad to see my tab get rated badly just because.
LoudLon [moderator]
Bassm99 – yes, unfortunately those responsible weren't picking and choosing whose tabs they were tanking. Pretty much every tab on the “New Bass Tabs” page took a hit.
johnny [staff]
I have enabled the ratings again. I have added some simple measures to make it harder to spam. I'm not done with it yet, just wanted to enable it as fast as possible for the site to resume all its features.

Should anyone notice strange stuff happening, let me know.
johnny [staff]
Quote:
But you guys clearly have seen it all already with the site. Well, er except for this nonsense.

Not everything apparently But the only real consequence that this thing will have is a better and more robust rating system. I feel satisfaction in knowing that the person who spammed bad ratings actually wasted his/her time, because we've since restored them, and even though I deprived myself of some sleep I've spent my time making the website better.
It's been interesting reading through some of the various posts and topics & this one caught my eye. I've always wondered if rating tabs is worth while? I myself would be more interested in seeing how often a tab was viewed rather than rated. Leaving comments under the tabs is fine but ratings as I have seen by this thread can be abused. I know most people rate fairly, but not everyone. Just a thought…
LoudLon [moderator]
Honestly, personally, I don't see the point of rating a tab if you're not going to leave a comment explaining your rating as well – at least, if the rating you give is a low one. You're not helping the tabber or those who check out that tab if you don't bother to point out what's wrong about it. And yeah, while most folks here tend to tab fairly and objectively, there's always going to be some jerk-hole who rates a tab low out of spite. Thankfully, from what I've seen since I've been here, such jerk-holes are few and far between, which is one of the many things I like about this joint.

As for views, if you submit a tab, you can keep track of how many views it's received from your profile page.

Reply to this thread