0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

New Tab Ratings

yet magically they are still all up… hmm
linkinpark232
Quote:
yet magically they are still all up… hmm

Sidsquishus
Quote:
Well I don't see deleting Danny's tabs as bad because I had his permission and I see them as HIS property that he allowed to take down because he didn't like them on the site.

Yeah, I can see your side of the story Linkin. If Danny wanted them deleted but staff wouldn't make that happen.

Long ago, there was a site called BassMasta and I posted tabs there. BassMasta sold the site to Songster. I didn't like Songster and didn't want my tabs on songster. So I deleted them from BassMasta before it turned into Songster. I understand Danny's frustration, if he asked to have his tabs removed but that wasn't happening.
Cheekychuck
So check all of your tabs. All of my tabs went from 4-5 stars to 3 overnight. Wow. Nothing like revealing your true character. My 8 year old is more mature than the clowns behind the recent Crap. Grow up!
Sidsquishus
It seems that Dannybassman is the one driving the tab down rating. I would not have predicted that. This is really bizarre!
Cheekychuck
Oh, I printed some of the above mentioned, or copyrighted tabs. Is there an address that I can send those to?
Sidsquishus
It looks like bassm99 has also drawn the wrath of the evil bad guys. I don't think he ever did anything that could have made anyone angry.
johnny [staff]
Quote:
If Danny has asked to have his tabs removed but Johnny won't let that happen, then I think Johnny is in the wrong. Time to chime in, Johnny.

Chiming in. We've collectively decided (the staff) not to remove the tabs because it would be detrimental to big bass tabs and its users (esp. the people requesting tabs).

I've previously taken down many tabs that have been unlawfully submitted to this website. E.g. the author of the tab didn't submit the tab to this website and it somehow found its way here (either by submission from another member, or from when the bassmasta went down). I've always followed through and deleted those tabs. In the case of danny's tabs, he willingly submit them to this site and with that action gave us permission to publish them, and honestly the reason “They're mine and I don't want anybody else to have them” seems petty to me, and obviously a sort of revenge move for banning his friend.
johnny [staff]
I've currently disabled ratings.

Please don't worry guys, we're gonna fix them. I'll reset ratings for new tabs and restore ratings for old tabs from backups, it's gonna take a few hours. In the meantime we'll keep them disabled.
Sidsquishus
Well, I for one think that BBT would survive without Danny's tabs, though I agree that would be a major loss.

I removed my tabs from BassMasta because I chose not to support Songster - I didn't like the site compared to what BassMasta was. So I sympathize with Danny, and if it were me, I would let him take his tabs and go home. One could argue that BBT refusing to take down tabs at the author's request because it would be detrimental to BBT is petty.

What remains to be explained is why Danny wants to take his toys and go home. What happened there?

Reply to this thread