0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The introductions thread!

The jazz bass has a thinner neck, so It's easier to stretch your fingers over and It's lighter weight. I look for easy songs to play so I feel like I am accomplishing something and I do lots of exercises to get my fingers moving.
try some rush
I'm Jesse and i started playing bass about a year ago with a crappy hand me down first act bass (short scale lol) but i now own a 5-string Ibanez sound gear. I'm not too crazy about the sound, but for the price, it is a very good bass. I have some youtube videos from when i began playing the short scale bass. My youtube account is destury119. I know I am pretty mediocre bassist, but I love playing, that's gotta count for something, eh?
I'm Jan,I have been on the bass for a few weeks, it was my first instrument when I was 16, but switched to drums after a year , twenty years later I wanted to play guitar at my own wedding with some friends which is 6 years ago……..but after half an hour on the bass at a jam session I went straight down to my local music emporium invested some of my daughters inheritance in a new ..yes new Fender American deluxe Jazz Bass and a secondhand Markbass 12" combo and havent been able to put it down since. I dont always need to use tabs as my ears are pretty good but sometimes it just doesnt happen and I have a look here. Great site thank you. We all need a little support sometimes
I'm Jan,I have been on the bass for a few weeks, it was my first instrument when I was 16, but switched to drums after a year , twenty years later I wanted to play guitar at my own wedding with some friends which is 6 years ago and Im still playing for an hour everyday……..but after half an hour on the bass at a jam session I went straight down to my local music emporium invested some of my daughters inheritance in a new ..yes new Fender American deluxe Jazz Bass and a secondhand Markbass 12" combo and havent been able to put it down since. I dont always need to use tabs as my ears are pretty good but sometimes it just doesnt happen and I have a look here. Great site thank you. We all need a little support sometimes
azanaku
David here, with my newbie hands all over a Fender J bass at 22 years old. An older purchase re-appreciated after my discovery of TAB. May have slightly messed up the sound by fiddling with the bridge height in my over-excited rush to fiddle with the tools. Loving these starter tabs. Martial Arts are still my main love, Tae-kwon-do is my style.
Travman
This site is great! Thanks so much for the great tabs.I've been playing for about 16 months and love it. Metal forever…
where can i fine gospel bass lines
pwhalen
I'm Pat. Started playing bass about twenty years ago. Played pretty consistently for about five years before the band dissolved due to marriages, kids, etc. Started up again about four years ago and now put in as much time as possible. Also started taking lessons in order to learn the theory so I wouldn't need to be as dependent on tabs. I still use them quite a bit (thanks for picking up where Bassmasta left off).
Hi, my name is Ted, and I first played the bass 20 years ago in a high school band. I have recently picked it up again. I missed just sitting down and letting my hands run. it is hard with two kids to find the time, but I do. In fact my son loves to hear me play, and he is only three.

Reply to this thread