0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Old Music (70's 80's) or New Music?

linkinpark232
I think a lot of y'all are stereotyping many genres from the 00s. Name 10 bands from the 00s tha suck. There's so many different genres. I agree with Manny except the KOL part. I love all their stuff especially Supersoaker. Was supposed to see them in 30 minutes but didn't get tickets in time
Twiggybass
AQUA
NYSYNC
Blur
The Tea Party
Orgy
The Chemical Brothers
Fatboy Slim
Moist
Serial Joe
Everclear
Tantric
The Salads (OH GOD)
Jet
Franz Ferdinand
The Killers (Expect one song Mr. Brightside) then they died
Wolfmother
Twiggybass
Kings of Leon are great no matter where you put them. i just listened to Supersoaker for the first tiem and i liked it. i prefer Sex on Fire for sure but it was not bad.
Cheekychuck
Jonas Brothers, Ashlee Simpson, Jessica Black, Kesha, Paris Hilton, Katy Perry, Leona Lewis, Kanye. I could go on.
There are some good musicians now, just seems like a lot Of fluff. Hasselhoff started it all in the 80s.
Rap? Edger Allen Poe is turning in his grave over the money that poets get these days.
linkinpark232
Quote:
Jonas Brothers, Ashlee Simpson, Jessica Black, Kesha, Paris Hilton, Katy Perry, Leona Lewis, Kanye. I could go on. There are some good musicians now, just seems like a lot Of fluff. Hasselhoff started it all in the 80s.Rap? Edger Allen Poe is turning in his grave over the money that poets get these days.
Quote:
AQUANYSYNCBlurThe Tea PartyOrgyThe Chemical BrothersFatboy SlimMoistSerial JoeEverclearTantricThe Salads (OH GOD)JetFranz FerdinandThe Killers (Expect one song Mr. Brightside) then they died Wolfmother

You guys mainly named pop stars AND some of them aren't even from the 00s!
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
I think a lot of y'all are stereotyping many genres from the 00s.

I don't think that what you're thinking is accurate. Nobody's stereotyping anything, as far as I can tell. But it's true we're naming mainly pop stars, because with very few exceptions, the 00's were all about pop stars. There weren't a whole lot of break-out indie bands or singer songwriters in that decade because Britney and Aguilera and crap like that was hogging all the airwaves. True there were bands like System of a Down and Incubus that stirred things up a little, but for the most part the 00s were all about pop music – and the pop music simply wasn't very good.
linkinpark232
Incubus and SOAD are both 90s but they're also horrible. To me, the 00s are about hip-hop which a lot of is okay though some is stupid, pop-punk, pop, and a few different rock/metal genres
linkinpark232
Twiggybass, Wolfmother is awesome. Can't believe you put them in that list
LoudLon [moderator]
Incubus and System of a Down are horrible? Young sir, you are perilously close to me ignoring you for the foreseeable future.
bass freak
Quote:
AQUANYSYNCBlurThe Tea PartyOrgyThe Chemical BrothersFatboy SlimMoistSerial JoeEverclearTantricThe Salads (OH GOD)JetFranz FerdinandThe Killers (Expect one song Mr. Brightside) then they died Wolfmother

Blur + The Chemical Brothers were excellent. They were also both 90's bands.

Reply to this thread