0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The final try...

mr zee
Quote:
Quote: Never cared much for what Metallica did original wise post Black album and pre Harwired but the Garage Inc album had some good stuff going on , Whiskey and its video gets a thumbs up from me .Hey Markorena …anyway Mog, The Toon are safe, how are Brighton doing?

s…t, like Leeds.
mr zee
Quote:
I prefer Slade's version (the original) but if this Quiet Riot version has got your motor running then good for you!

So do i, its from my school days
johnny880
Quote:
Check out Scott's Bass Lessons
I have seen him on youtube. Good bass player but I refuse to pay for bass lessons. I like to learn on my own. From whatever source that inspires me. I feel better about that. Doing it on my own. Plus I am cheap. I know some of you have done it this way as well. Feels good to me. Playing whatever you want. Experimenting with sound. How to control your amp and your eq. Your tone and pickups how you split them on whatever bass you might be playing at the time and get the sound your after. Your effects pedals. Etc. All of these things make a great difference on your sound. Getting what you want out of the bass. It can be just plug in and play if you want but there is so much more if you experiment. I don't think you can learn all this from a lesson. You have to experiment on your own. I enjoy learning what I can do with my bass as well as learning songs from others and screwing around with my own. That's what turns me on. I really like playing my own music. You can really go deep into music theory and such with bass lessons. And if that's your thing. Go nuts. Each to there own. I personally don't have the time or money. I just want to play bass my way.
johnny880
P.S. Any new bass players out there that wants to experiment with sound. One of my favorites is put on a slight distortion and flange with a 1 second delay. Nice for slow moody songs. And some heavy stuff to boot. Cheers.
I'm running a YouTube bass cover channel. I'm just playing along with songs I like, nothing special, but it keeps me going.
Marko1960
Quote:
P.S. Any new bass players out there that wants to experiment with sound. One of my favorites is put on a slight distortion and flange with a 1 second delay. Nice for slow moody songs. And some heavy stuff to boot. Cheers.
Can't beat a bit of flange

…chortle
johnny880
Quote:
I'm running a YouTube bass cover channel. I'm just playing along with songs I like, nothing special, but it keeps me going.
Your a good bass player Jay. Don't sell yourself short.
johnny880
Quote:
Quote: P.S. Any new bass players out there that wants to experiment with sound. One of my favorites is put on a slight distortion and flange with a 1 second delay. Nice for slow moody songs. And some heavy stuff to boot. Cheers. Can't beat a bit of flange…chortle
Maybe you need to learn a few things. Chortle. You are the most ass and cynical person I have ever come into contact on here. You are mean and down right nasty. Please do me a favour and don't comment on my posts with anymore of your negative crap. It just drags everyone down. Flange is a great tool along with other effects. There are very few rock bass players out there that don't use flange or some sort of effect. But you have to be a bass player to know that. My words were directed at new bass players that wanted to experiment with sound but you had to make fun of it and mock me. Shame on you man.
LoudLon [moderator]
Marko - Don't be a dick.

johnny880 - Don't be so sensitive.

Everyone else - Carry on.
2nick3
Quote:
Quote: Check out Scott's Bass Lessons // I have seen him on youtube. Good bass player but I refuse to pay for bass lessons.

There is some great stuff for free on YouTube. “Scott's Bass Lessons” and “Luke from Become A Bassist” are the ones I get the most value from, and I also subscribe to “Lessonface” (not all bass related, but the bass ones are good) and for playing some specific songs “howtoplaybassdotcom” and “CoverSolutions”. Most video lessons are around 15 minutes, which is perfect while I'm eating lunch. Then I try to jam a bit, using what was in the video, then back to work.

I'll learn from anywhere I can. And as noted before, I'm frugal (you can call it “cheap” if you want). Value per $ (or £, €, ₹, ₽, or whatever), and value for the time invested, are what matter to me.

I will also say the passion that Scott Devine shows in his videos is contagious, so if I'm not feeling like practicing as much watching one of his lessons usually has me reaching for a bass.

Reply to this thread