0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The final try...

LP
I prefer Slade's version (the original) but if this Quiet Riot version has got your motor running then good for you!
Marko1960
Yeah like LP says, Cum on Feel the Noise is by Slade and by far the best version. Jim Lea's bass track has been isolated and is on YouTube and well worth a listen
LoudLon [moderator]
I heard Quiet Riot's version first, as a pre-teen back in ‘83. I didn’t know it was a cover. Years later I heard Slade's original and to me, already being so familiar with QR's version, the original felt like a clunky step backward.

I appreciate that QR's version wouldn't exist had Slade not created the song in the first place, but I think the QR version is better. But music is subjective like that.
Quote:
I heard Quiet Riot's version first, as a pre-teen back in ‘83. I didn’t know it was a cover. Years later I heard Slade's original and to me, already being so familiar with QR's version, the original felt like a clunky step backward. I appreciate that QR's version wouldn't exist had Slade not created the song in the first place, but I think the QR version is better. But music is subjective like that.

i get what you're saying. many a time though not always i've heard a cover before the original and thought the cover was better
Marko1960
I suppose that's fair comment, many people think that ‘The Saints Are Coming’ by U2/Green Day is the original but The Skids version is far superior. Another example of the original being better is ‘Whiskey In The Jar’ by Thin Lizzy, what the hell Metallica were thinking is beyond me, I thought they did it for Comic Relief and I'm still not convinced they didn't!
MotorMog
Lizzy’s version was also a cover, The Dubliners I think did the first recorded version in the 50s but the song predates that by decades as a traditional Irish folk song.
Quiet Riots Metal Health has a great bassline , check that one out

Marko1960
Quote:
Lizzy’s version was also a cover, The Dubliners I think did the first recorded version in the 50s but the song predates that by decades as a traditional Irish folk song.Quiet Riots Metal Health has a great bassline , check that one out
…but doesn't change the fact that Metallicas is absolutely diabolical! It's worse than the Macarena

…no really
MotorMog
Never cared much for what Metallica did original wise post Black album and pre Harwired but the Garage Inc album had some good stuff going on , Whiskey and its video gets a thumbs up from me .

Hey Markorena
IamMark
Hitting a wall happens to everyone. After 14 months though is a bit quick, but not unheard of for your first one. You'll hit several. It's natural.

Sounds like you had a bad band experience. Again, that won't be your last one.

Keep going. Learn other styles. Find something that challenges you. You don't have to like the music to be challenged or appreciate the technique(s) you'll learn from it.

Find other musicians with similar tastes and goals. Go to open mic nights and find that singer/guitarist that's looking for some low-end and build something.
Marko1960
Quote:
Never cared much for what Metallica did original wise post Black album and pre Harwired but the Garage Inc album had some good stuff going on , Whiskey and its video gets a thumbs up from me .Hey Markorena
…anyway Mog, The Toon are safe, how are Brighton doing?

Reply to this thread