0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

2018 Releases...what have you purchased?

IamMark
Quote:
Quote: People still buy music? It's a trick question, right?
Yes, I'm being facetious. Although there is some truth in my comment due to the current state of the music business. Bands aren't making money through distribution. It seems that the only way to make the money is to put your music out for free to attract people to the live shows.

I have boxes and boxes of CD and cassettes. I get the nostalgia of buying, reading the liner notes, enjoying the art work. But honestly, I haven't bought much except for EPs that local musicians around here put out.
Thought you were, had to ask.
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: It seems that the only way to make the money is to put your music out for free to attract people to the live shows

Sadly I don't see many young faces at the gigs I attend ,all I see is the same old hard-core fans that are keeping the established bands going by still buying the merch, tickets and hard copies of music .

I'd happily support some new up and coming talent but I've not heard any in a long while that have much to offer

Marko1960
Quote:
Most definitely I support bands by both seeing them live and buying there albums and merch ( and butchering them in my band )I've got my pc set up as a media server and use an app called plex to stream my personal library from my tablet or phone to chromecast audio, this is linked to an amp in my conservatory which powers external speakers in my gardenI'm currently listening to the Ramones on my decking with a bourbon and coke My neighbours love me
I bet they do, thank God there's 300 miles between us

With a smiley emoji at the end but my crap iPad won't let me add them
MotorMog
Quote:
thank God there's 300 miles between us

Distance makes the heart grow fonder

LP
Quote:
Quote: Quote: It seems that the only way to make the money is to put your music out for free to attract people to the live shows Sadly I don't see many young faces at the gigs I attend ,all I see is the same old hard-core fans that are keeping the established bands going by still buying the merch, tickets and hard copies of music .I'd happily support some new up and coming talent but I've not heard any in a long while that have much to offer

I agree about up and coming talent, there is nothing new that grabs me and makes me go “WOW” anymore. I'm sure there is good music out there but I'm not hearing it. Maybe it's an age thing, maybe it's meant to be that way, I don't know. That is why I end up buying music from the past, it still excites me in a way that something new can't.
Ares
I also agree on new music, I honestly can't say there is any modern bands I'm really into too. Like the last modern band album I listened too was Prequelle by Ghost. Ghost being one of the only modern bands I can tolerate, I wouldn't say I love them, but they are alright. I always find myself listening too stuff from the late 60's, 70's, and a bit of 80's. I'm sure if I dig deep enough I could find something but it's just so hard.
LP
Quote:
I also agree on new music, I honestly can't say there is any modern bands I'm really into too. Like the last modern band album I listened too was Prequelle by Ghost. Ghost being one of the only modern bands I can tolerate, I wouldn't say I love them, but they are alright. I always find myself listening too stuff from the late 60's, 70's, and a bit of 80's. I'm sure if I dig deep enough I could find something but it's just so hard.

I think you hear such a lot of music today regardless of your tastes just sound so similar, almost to the point of boring. Nothing stands out. As you say Ares I'm sure if we dug deep enough we may discover some hidden gem out there! I just don't have the energy or the patience these days to dig that deep!
Marko1960
There seem to be a lot more female musicians around, trouble is they all seem to want to emulate Whitney Houston with all that screaming and high pitched howling, to me she sounded like she was torturing a cat and not a great singing role model, no wonder Bobby Brown gave her the odd bat now and again! Just watch shows like the X Factor and Timbuctu's Got Talent (not!) and the female singers sound like they're having a fit
2nick3
Quote:
emulate Whitney Houston with all that screaming and high pitched howling

Just listen to how badly the (US) National Anthem is butchered these days (I've seen the original sheet music at The Smithsonian and the longest note is a half) will tell you everything you (don't) want to know about musical talents and tastes these days.

Reply to this thread