0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rescued another one...

MotorMog
Quote:
then joined a band doing ozzy and other similar covers

That would of been fun Bob Daisley had some awesome bass lines
mr zee
Gone and bought a Samick jazz as below The body is silver burst and its already been dismantled. I've put the neck on a V type bass body as I didn't like the head stock. Ordered a new one and some other bits to finish it off
mr zee

Bought v bass as a kit cos I needed the pear shaped head stock neck for my grabber copy. Don't know if the v bass will be any good when its done as I use it to see what various parts look like before I use them on my other basses
MotorMog
Quote:
Gone and bought a Samick jazz as

Come on now it was up in the loft all along

Like the silver looks nice and whoooa flying v bass build awesome
mr zee
Yeah, bought it last night from a guy in Osset near Leeds where I live. The neck was a bit slim and the head stock didn't look right so off it came. Have ordered a pbass neck, mirror scratch plate and some jazz tone/volumn knobs. The guy is about 70 and having a clear out got it for £65. Hes selling all sorts of gear on gumtree speakers guitars and basses
mr zee
Got the flying v as a kit only wanted spade head neck for my grabber copy. I'd only seen one grabber neck for sale and it was £900 only spent £200 for the bass so I've been using body as a guinea pig and the samick neck seems to fit ok have put the pups back In and the pots (not wired em up) to see what its like

The white stuff is wood filler to fill screw holes from various bridges I've tried, it'll prob go in bin
Marko1960
I built a couple of basses and did a step by step bass build thread on Big Bass Tabs, I'll try and find it so you can check it out Mr Zee, I'd post pics but let's not go there
MotorMog
Quote:
it'll prob go in bin

Nah don't do that, Randy Rhoads polka dot paint job and stick on the wall with the others
mr zee
Quote:
Quote: it'll prob go in bin Nah don't do that, Randy Rhoads polka dot paint job and stick on the wall with the others
MotorMog
I'll shove it in a box and post it to ya, lol. Like I said before only bought it for the neck wasn't even contemplating building it and as i'm replacing neck om sam jazz that became spare too so I just put em together and they match. What colours did you have in mind for polka dots
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: Quote: it'll prob go in bin Nah don't do that, Randy Rhoads polka dot paint job and stick on the wall with the others MotorMogI'll shove it in a box and post it to ya, lol. Like I said before only bought it for the neck wasn't even contemplating building it and as i'm replacing neck om sam jazz that became spare too so I just put em together and they match. What colours did you have in mind for polka dots

Custard body and Rhubarb spots , you might need to change the wallpaper

Reply to this thread