0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

When Is A Good Age To Start A Band

There is no specific age to join or to start a band, just do what you're good at, that's all.
I agree. As long as you know why you want to have a band, you van do it whenever.
Any age, as long as you and the other band members know theory and can competently play.
johnny880
Quote:
Any age, as long as you and the other band members know theory and can competently play.
Play yes. Theory is not necessary.
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:

Tell that to The Ramones. Very little theory, and when they first came out their playing was rudimentary at best – yet they became legends.

All you need to know to start a band is how to plug in your instrument and when to show up for practice. Everything else you can learn as you go.
2nick3
You also need to have similar, or at least complementary, musical goals for the band. If one member wants to do note-perfect covers of Pantera songs, and another wants to vaguely follow Grateful Dead-style jams, you're going to have problems.
I think u should first have a small band like playing for the school and get used to it and then 14-16 go big go to gigs
ekvirtanen
As soon as you think it is time for it.
I joined at age 15 and heck my drummer is 13 he joined when he was like 12 to 13 i think there is no limit maybe more difficult to do stuff like live music if a venue sells alcohol or renting a studio to record but when it comes to playing and practicing consistently with a group of people there is no age requirement or “must be this tall to ride” type business going on.
tbh I don't even know where to start when it comes to starting a band, though I've wanted to for quite awhile now. Got any tips.

Reply to this thread