0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

Quote:
Its not the strings...
That's why I wrote “help a lot”. It's not just the strings that make a player fast, but if I compare my basses, the BEAD strung Ibby with those massive flatwound strings is a winner. I started playing bass in 2010. Back then my fingers were way more flexible. Rheumatoid arthritis keeps me back nowadays. That's the main reason I'm not playing in a band. If the hands don't cooperate, I just can't play, let alone gig.
LoudLon [moderator]
I feel you, Jay. I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands now (used to only be my fret hand, but now my picking hand is exhibiting the same symptoms) and some days I can barely grip my bass strap, let alone fret a note (thus my lack of regular tab submissions lately). I'm hoping a trip to the VA hospital and an injection of corticosteroids will ease it up. It worked last time.
I had a few of those injections in the finger joints, a few years ago. Painful, but helpful. Nowadays I weekly inject methotrexate. That's basically to keep the overactive immune system busy, so it won't attack joints and tendons. This more or less helps suppressing the symptoms, but won't cure the disease.
2nick3
Getting old stinks. I'm trying to decide if I want to do another injection in my shoulder or have them do the MRI/CT to see how badly the rotator cuff is torn. After which I would have to decide if the few months of downtime after the surgery is worth it.

For anyone battling shoulder/back issues, I recommend taking a look at the Slinger Strap harness system - it makes a huge difference in my playing endurance, and my comfort level after playing:
https://slingerstraps.com/products/harness-strap-guitar-strap
Functional design, quality product, and Tom (the founder) was very responsive to my questions.
IamMark
This thread took an unexpected turn.
LoudLon [moderator]
Don't they all?
On one of the forums I moderated a few years ago, I used to post this pic if the thread derailed. On that forum, derailing often meant war.
IamMark
Sam to the rescue!

Reply to this thread