0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Suggestions to improve the site

Cool
johnny [staff]
Quote:
Hey Johnny or loudlon, I have a person, Lake and Part tab Fan Fair For the Common Man, it's in my tabs list but it's not showing up in Emerson Lake and Palmer, can this be fixed?

I fixed this!

The system for approving and editing tabs is very clunky and very very error prone. I would really like to overhaul it and make it more robust, so that we can all use it. Currently it's very easy to break the site with it, that's why I'm the only one approving tabs. Hopefully I can get around to it. This website is only a hobby of mine, I have a regular job beside it that's why I cannot work on it as much as I'd like.
Ayreon77
Why don't you just let tabs go on automatically from trusted Tabber's, say if they have done 30, or 50 tabs already submitted, it would free up more of your time.
Ayreon77
Oh and thx for the fix I appreciate that.
Quote:
This Johnny guy seems to do a lot of work. Is he the mastermind behind the coding on this website?
Quote:
Johnny's the admin and site owner. There's another user called The Dude who plays a part, but I've not seen him around in some time. And as I mentioned above, I'm the forum moderator. I can lock and delete threads and ban users, but the guy who does all the real work – does all the coding, keeps the joint humming, makes the rules and foots the bill – is Johnny.
Thx 4 b-ing awsum Johnny
johnny [staff]
Quote:
Why don't you just let tabs go on automatically from trusted Tabber's, say if they have done 30, or 50 tabs already submitted, it would free up more of your time.

Because even when everything looks super fine the tab sometimes needs manual intervention from me to correctly associate the written artist to the one in the database. E.g. your ELP tab was one such case where it slipped my checks. I'd love for tabs to auto-approve, I just need to fix the system a lot first.
Ayreon77
Ok Johnny that's sounds fair enough. Thx for answering that. Hopefully in the future you can achieve a smooth running system.
johnny [staff]
Ok, we've got a new spam filter in place for the forum! It should help keep it clean and give some more breathing room for me and Lon!

I'm not gonna disclose publicly how it works so that it'll be harder to bypass it. Hopefully it works for a while, before the spammers become smarter.
LoudLon [moderator]
Our boy Johnny, kickin' names and takin' ass!

Wait, that's not right…
Srry i meant to ask earlier it didnt seem to send. Anyway what is up with the default avatar. Am I meant to know who it is?

Reply to this thread