0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Suggestions to improve the site

Also nobody comments so I’m no sure they would be bothered with my stuff anyways
LoudLon [moderator]
You can edit your tabs at any time. Even if they're still pending publication. Many have been the times I realized after submitting that I'd made a mistake, and gone in and edited it before it was published. And since I've been away from my bass since the pandemic broke wide and I've been unable to play, and therefore unable to write new tabs, I've instead been going back in and improving the format on my tabs that have already been published.

This is why users are encouraged to rate and leave comments. If more people were to offer corrections, it'd be a cinch for the tabber to simply go in and edit them in. That way, maybe we also wouldn't have multiple tabs of the same song.
Quote:
Also nobody comments so I’m no sure they would be bothered with my stuff anyways
This site doesn't have a huge user base. With roughly 27,000 registered users (and even less who are active) it's not that common to receive comments, but that doesn't mean that people don't use your tabs!

I can give you some pointers about your Not Today tab. The majority of the song follows the same pattern:
Tabs:
E = Eighth note
E E E E E E
G|-----------------|
D|-----------------|
A|-x-x---x-x-x---x-|
E|-----------------|
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +

So the verse goes like this:
G|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
D|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
A|-4-4---4---------|-4-4---4-4-4---4-|-5-5---5-7-7---7-|
E|---------2-2---2-|-----------------|-----------------| ...
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +

The bridge is pretty much all eighth notes with a small variation at the end of some measures:
S = Sixteenth note
E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E SS
G|-----------------| G|-----------------|
D|-----------------| D|-----------------|
A|-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-| A|-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-xx|
E|-----------------| E|-----------------|
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
Hopefully that's enough to get you started
Oh and if you split the comment at the top of the tab in half you will get a bigger font size and it will be easier to read the notes
Ayreon77
Hey Johnny or loudlon, I have a person, Lake and Part tab Fan Fair For the Common Man, it's in my tabs list but it's not showing up in Emerson Lake and Palmer, can this be fixed?
Ayreon77
Quote:
Hey Johnny or loudlon, I have a Emerson, Lake and Parmer tab. Fan Fair For the Common Man, it's in my tabs list but it's not showing up in Emerson Lake and Palmer, can this be fixed?
Thx PinchAndStab I think I will go over my tab and edit it now.
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
Hey Johnny or loudlon, I have a person, Lake and Part tab Fan Fair For the Common Man, it's in my tabs list but it's not showing up in Emerson Lake and Palmer, can this be fixed?

Yeah, that's weird. Clicking the tab in your list takes you right to it, as it should. Cicking on the band name above your tab takes you to the artist page, but doesn't show your tab. I'm thinking it has something to do with the punctuation in the band name. Commas sometimes make the system brain fart. It's happened to me before as well. But as a mod, my only jurisdiction is the message board. This is a Johnny fix.

But Johnny's a busy fellow and doesn't always have time to check the forums. If he doesn't respond to you here in this thread, PM him directly.

Ayreon77
Thx Lou, i.ll give him a few days then message him if he don't see this.
This Johnny guy seems to do a lot of work. Is he the mastermind behind the coding on this website?
LoudLon [moderator]
Johnny's the admin and site owner. There's another user called The Dude who plays a part, but I've not seen him around in some time. And as I mentioned above, I'm the forum moderator. I can lock and delete threads and ban users, but the guy who does all the real work – does all the coding, keeps the joint humming, makes the rules and foots the bill – is Johnny.

Reply to this thread