0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The introductions thread!

LoudLon [moderator]
Welcome!
Hi guys,
I'm 61, from UK, and love rock music…The Doors being my favs (No bass, well not much thanks to Manzerak…go figure!).
I have just bought a bass guitar and amp because my grandson (aged 10) plays guitar and suggested it to me so we could learn songs together, so I did!…..My grandson loves it, he's pretty good on it.
He's got my style of music, Beatles, Led Zep, Purple, … (Queen too, but not so much for me)
I've never touched a bass before, let alone play one, I have messed about a bit on a guitar, but not so much that it can help me in this instance.
However, I did come across this site and found it great for what I want, I know the tunes I am looking for well enough to understand how the bass fits in with the tabs you have, synching the sound in my head with the tab position… I can have some fun on this rather gorgeous instrument I now own ….Superb for me!
I dont know if I'll post much on this forum, depends on the thread I suppose, and if i have time, but I would like to say thanks to all who run this site.
Respect guys!
Quote:
Hi guys, I'm 61, from UK, and love rock music…The Doors being my favs (No bass, well not much thanks to Manzerak…go figure!).I have just bought a bass guitar and amp because my grandson (aged 10) plays guitar and suggested it to me so we could learn songs together, so I did!…..My grandson loves it, he's pretty good on it.He's got my style of music, Beatles, Led Zep, Purple, … (Queen too, but not so much for me)I've never touched a bass before, let alone play one, I have messed about a bit on a guitar, but not so much that it can help me in this instance.However, I did come across this site and found it great for what I want, I know the tunes I am looking for well enough to understand how the bass fits in with the tabs you have, synching the sound in my head with the tab position… I can have some fun on this rather gorgeous instrument I now own ….Superb for me! I dont know if I'll post much on this forum, depends on the thread I suppose, and if i have time, but I would like to say thanks to all who run this site. Respect guys!
Welcome!
Our stories are a bit alike. I started playing the bass at 50 because of my son learning to play guitar. I played keyboard in my teens. I'm 61 as well and covered about 600 songs on bass. It's a great instrument, connecting rhythm to tone, while keeping the song going.
LoudLon [moderator]
Welcome aboard.
Ayreon77
Welcome Hydroplate, actually there are a lot of doors songs with bass in them, I have done a few bass tabs of doors songs on here, check them out, hope you enjoy you new bass
Thanks guys!
Ayreon, I know they had bass on some songs, Manzeraks sound can be reproduced by bass and i sure have had a look at the Doors bass tabs… I love this instrument!
I'm an older guy, 66. I always loved listening to bass, took a few lessons about 5 yrs back and stopped. Now getting ready to retire and want to pursue my dream of layin down some bass. I'm rusty but ready to get goin again.
Quote:
I'm an older guy, 66. I always loved listening to bass, took a few lessons about 5 yrs back and stopped. Now getting ready to retire and want to pursue my dream of layin down some bass. I'm rusty but ready to get goin again.
Not my pic

Quote:
Quote: I'm an older guy, 66. I always loved listening to bass, took a few lessons about 5 yrs back and stopped. Now getting ready to retire and want to pursue my dream of layin down some bass. I'm rusty but ready to get goin again.

Reply to this thread