0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The introductions thread!

IamMark
I actually prefer Rush when Geddy switched to the Jazz bass. Cleaner tone with more punch than the Ric.
johnny880
Hi Marko and Mark. I prefer the Ric just love the sound of them. I think that's why you just cant have one bass. They all have a different groove. One bass may sound great on one song but sucks on another. On another note. To bad big bass doesn't have live chat. Might be cool to talk to people in real time. Just a thought.
mr zee
To bad big bass doesn't have live chat.

There's a private messaging button on every ones profile, Live chat probably won't work cos if you are at the other side of the world, when you start a conversation, the person you want to talk to will probably be in bed.
johnny880
Yes but you can see whos online. Good morning Vietnam. What time is it there. What tabs are you working on. So on and so on. If the chat is lit up on there end. Then they want to yak. You would be surprised who is awake at ungodly hours. Lol. Could be fun to talk bass at 3 am when you cant sleep. Just a thought…
mr zee
See where you're coming from now
2nick3
Quote:
You would be surprised who is awake at ungodly hours.

Well, we are musicians…
jayjay
Good Afternoon, I have been playing bass for a few years and consider myself a beginner. I can read tabs and some sheet music. I am in a 3 man band. The guitarist plays “By Ear” that leads to disagreements sometimes. He doesn’t like to prepare and learn songs like I do, I practice at least 10 hrs a week. Who is right. He just likes to plays songs by memory. Help. Who is right.
johnny [staff]
sup jayjay, bassist is always right
Marko1960
Youre both right Jayjay, doesnt matter where the music comes from as long as it ROCKS
IamMark
There's ‘technically’ correct and ‘sonically’ correct.

I struggle with my guitar player with this as well. He plays what sounds good to him, I like to play how the song is originally recorded, or how it should be ‘technically’ (i.e. in the same key).

But in the end, what sounds best (and at times what sounds the most moving) usually wins over.

Don't sweat it. In six months time you'll know everything.

Reply to this thread