0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Loudlon's Tab Corner!

LoudLon [moderator]
I stand corrected about having finished off my request list. Forgot about Screaming Trees! I'll start on Nearly Lost You this weekend.
LoudLon [moderator]
New submission: Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You
Sidsquishus
Thank you!
Sidsquishus
Hey Lon, in case you are looking for something to tab -
Linkin asked me if I would tab Lies, I Don't Know What… by Down. It is a cool bass line.

I thought I might get some time for it this weekend, but it ain't gonna happen. So if you want to tab it, Linkine would be a happy boy. He said there is a tab for it on BBT but it is messed up - don't know it that means it is wrong or….
Anyway, cheers!
LoudLon [moderator]
DLed the song and will get to it when I can. FYI, Link – I have family visiting for the next few weeks so it could be a bit before I get to it.
linkinpark232
Thanks Lon
IamMark
Good stuff on that Shinedown tune, Lon!

For some reason those first two measures of the pre-verse and the guitar solo are kicking my ass. Very simple fingering, but the 16th notes and finger style is tricky for me. Got to practice that shit.
LoudLon [moderator]
Thanks, man. When I first listened to that tune it didn't sound all that complicated and I thought, eh, no big deal, he's just following the guitar. It wasn't until I heard the bass more clearly on that Kimmel performance that I realized the guy was actually doing some work on that bass. I've never been big on Shinedown but I'm sure digging that tune now.
IamMark
Fortunately for me, a guitarist that wants me to play this song with him plays the song a little slower and on an accoustic. Which means I can change a few things to make it more comfortable for me to play.
LoudLon [moderator]
Right on. I do that frequently myself when playing along to a song. Yeah, it's cool to be able to follow a song note-for-note but it can get stale after awhile, so it's only natural to want to play around with it, throw in your own fills, maybe play some octaves, etc.

Reply to this thread